Oh, God...

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

We finally reached the Court Physician's chambers. Merlin opened the door and let me pass first. We looked around the room, and I was shocked by the amount of books and potions. There was at least 300 books, and about 1000 potions all over the place. We both looked around, but we didn't see anyone.
"Hello?" Merlin called quietly, walking into the room.
"Hello?" I called a little louder than Merlin, but still in a quiet tone. "Hello?" I heard shuffling above me, so I looked up, and saw someone on the balcony, going over some of the books. "Gaius?" I asked, but it seemed as though the man didn't hear me. We couldn't get his attention, so Merlin cleared his throat. Gaius obviously heard, and turned his head, but he also leaned on the railing, and he was probably too heavy, because it broke and he fell off the balcony. I felt my eyes flash gold, and I knew that I was doing what instinct told me to do. Saving this man's life. The magic that I used slowed his fall down, whilst Merlin looked around for something that we could move so he could fall on it instead of crashing on the floor and most probably: dying. He apparently found something, because I saw something sliding on the floor from the corner of my eye. I looked at it, and saw that it was a bed, so I used my magic and moved it right under Gaius. I then stopped using my magic, and so did Merlin. Gaius fell on the bed along with some wooden sticks from the railing.
"Wha-What did you just do?!"He exclaimed, but not accusingly. Curiously.
"Um." Merlin choked out, obviously not knowing what to say.
"Tell me!" Gaius demanded, getting up from the bed.
"We have no idea what happened." I said, trying to make him believe that what I'm saying is true.
"If anyone has seen that..." Gaius said, walking around the room, looking up at the balcony, and back down at the bed.
"No! That was-that was nothing to do with us!" Merlin exclaimed.
"I know what it was! I just want to know where you learned how to do it." Gaius exclaimed.
"Nowhere!" I denied, shaking my head.
"So how is it that you know magic?" He asked curiously.
"We don't" Merlin exclaimed, shaking his head. Gaius started breathing heavily.
"Where did you study?" He asked curiously. We didn't say anything. "Answer me!" He demanded.
"We-we never studied magic, or been taught." I explained.
"Are you lying to me, girl?" Gaius asked quietly.
"What do you want me to say?" I asked desperately.
"The truth!" He exclaimed.
"We were born like this." I said.
"That's impossible!" Gaius exclaimed, and looked around the room. He probably still thought that we were lying. "Who are you?" He demanded.
"Oh! Um-we have this letter..." Merlin muttered, searching through his backpack. He finally found it, and gave it to Gaius.
"I... I don't have my glasses." Gaius said, still holding the letter in his hand.
"I'm Annabelle, and this is Merlin." I said politely, gesturing to my brother. Recognition flashed in Gaius's eyes.
"Hunith's children?!" He exclaimed.
"Yes!" Merlin exclaimed, obviously relieved that he remembers.
"But you're not meant to be here until Wednesday." Gaius said with a smile on his face.
"It is... Wednesday." I told him, realizing that he is old and might not remember few things.
"Ah! Alright then. Well, you better put your bags in there." He said, gesturing to a small door in the back of the room. We nodded, and started walking towards the door. I stopped half-way, and turned to Gaius.
"Um, you won't say anything about..." I trailed off, and gestured to the balcony and the bed. He looked at it, and nodded.
"No." He finally answered, and I smiled at him. I started walking away. "Although Annabelle... I should probably say thank you." He said with a smile on his face, and I smiled at him as well. Then, I went to the room where my brother was. I walked in and looked around. It was a small, comfortable room with two beds and a window on the left side. My bed was across form Merlin's. Mine was on the left, his was on the right. In between was a small table with candles on it. I went over to the window, stepped on the stool, and looked out. It was already dark, and Camelot looked absolutely beautiful at night. I looked at Merlin, and gestured for him to come closer. He did, and I stepped off the stool, allowing him to stand on it, and look out the window.
"It's beautiful." he said, turning around to face me. I nodded in agreement.
"It is." I then walked to his bed and grabbed my bag. I took out my nightgown and walked behind the screen. I took of my dress, and changed into my nightgown. I wasn't embarrassed, since I was behind the screen. Besides, Merlin is my brother. I then got into the bed, and blew the candles on the table.
"Goodnight, Merlin." I said and closed my eyes.
"Goodnight, Annabelle." He said quietly. I smiled, and drifted of to the land of dreams.

*Gaius's P.O.V.*

I put on my glasses and took the letter Merlin gave to me. I sat on my bench, opened the letter, and started reading.
My Dear Gaius,
I turn to you for I feel lost, and alone, and don't know who to trust. It is every Mother's faith that their child was special, and yet I would give my life that Annabelle and Merlin were not so. Ours is a small village, and if they were to stay, I fear what would become of them. Especially Annabelle. Her power is much greater and stronger than Merlin's. I can see that. They both need a hand, a voice to guide. Someone who could help them with their gifts. I beg you, if you understand a Mother's love for her children, keep them safe. And may God save you three.
Love,
Hunith
I put the letter away, and took off my glasses, sighing. This girl surely is something special.