Reward

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

I looked around frantically. There must be something I can do. I can't let Arthur die. He's the King's son for God's sake! And if what the Dragon told us is true, he is the Once and Future King that will bring peace to this land. Suddenly, my eyes fell on the chandelier right above Lady Helen. I felt my eyes flash gold and the chain holding the chandelier broke. Lady Helen looked up at the sound, but looked down quickly trying to cover her face when the chandelier hit her spine and pushed her onto the floor. Merlin and I pulled our hands away from our ears and looked at each other. We then looked around and saw everyone slowly waking up and taking the spider webs off of their bodies. The King looked around and stood up, quickly followed by Arthur, and looked down at Lady Helen. I followed his gaze and looked down at her as well. But what shocked me the most was that it wasn't Lady Helen... It was that old woman that swore revenge on Uther for executing her son. She looked up, grabbed the dagger form the floor near her and threw it at Arthur. My eyes flashed gold again and I slowed down the time. Merlin and I both rushed over to Arthur and pulled him out of the way, falling on the floor next to the chair.
The three of us looked up and saw the dagger plunged right in the middle of the chair Arthur was sitting on. I looked back at the woman, and saw her giving her last breath, and then closing her eyes and dropping her head back on the floor. She was dead. I looked at Merlin and then at Arthur, who was looking at us in absolute shock. We all got up from the floor and looked at each other. The King walked up to us.
"You two saved my boy's life. The debt must be repaid." He addressed me and my brother. We looked at each other, and then back at Uther.
"Oh, well..." My brother stuttered, obviously not knowing what to say.
"Oh, don't be so modest. You shall be rewarded." Uther said, and I looked at him.
"No honestly, you don't have to, Your Highness." I assured, but he just shook his head.
"No, absolutely... This merit's something quiet special." I exchanged a glance with Merlin.
"Well..." Merlin shrugged, and I automatically knew that he was actually fond of the idea of being rewarded.
"You shall be rewarded position of the royal household... You, my boy shall be Prince Arthur's manservant."He said, clapping Arthur on the back. Both Arthur's and Merlin's faces fell, and I covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing.
"Father!" Arthur exclaimed, obviously not happy with the idea, but Uther just waved him off and walked up to me.
"And you, young lady, shall be Lady Morgana's handmaiden." He told me, and I looked at Morgana, who had a smile on her face. I looked back to the King with a smile on my face and curtsied.
"Thank you, Your Majesty." He smiled at me, and then walked off, whilst everyone else clapped in congratulations. I glanced at Merlin, and saw him and Arthur eyeing each other in distaste, and then looking away. I chuckled to myself. I definitely got the better job.

*Next Day*

I looked at myself in the mirror and once I was satisfied with how I look, I walked out from behind the screen and sat on my bed across from Merlin, who was sitting on his. We both looked up when we heard footsteps outside the door. Gaius walked in carrying something in his hand. I couldn't tell what it was because it was covered with a silky, red cloth.
"Seems you two are heroes." He said, approaching us. We both looked up at him.
"Hard to believe, isn't it?" I joked, and Gaius looked at me.
"No. I knew it from the moment I met you. Well, you two saved my life, remember?" Merlin and I looked at him.
"But... That was magic." I said, and Gaius nodded.
"And now it seems we finally found a use for it." He said.
"What do you mean?" Merlin asked, and Gaius smiled a small smile.
"I saw how you saved Arthur's life." He said, and Merlin started shaking his head.
"Oh, no-" He started, but Gaius interrupted him.
"Perhaps, that's its purpose." I sighed. Hearing him saying these words reminded me of what the Dragon told us.
"Our destiny." I said.
"Indeed." Gaius nodded. He then took the object he was holding in both hands. "This book was given to me when I was your age, but I have a feeling it will be more of use to you, than it was to me." I took the book from his hands and unfolded the cloth. I looked at the book. There was magic radiating off of it. I looked at Gaius questioningly, but he just smiled. I looked back at the book and opened it. There were many papers inside... But the titles of the pages were different magical spells. I looked at Gaius in shock, and then a smile slowly made its way onto my face. I showed the book to Merlin, and he looked at it in interest.
"But this is book of magic." I said, and Gaius nodded.
"Which is why you must keep it hidden." He said, and we nodded.
"We will study every word." I said, excited and Gaius smiled at me. Suddenly we heard a knock and a door opening.
"Merlin! Prince Arthur wants you right away!" Someone called. "Annabelle! Lady Morgana said you have 15 more minutes!" Gaius turned to look at Merlin.
"Your destiny's calling." He said with a smirk. "You better find out what he wants." He told him nodding towards the door. Merlin nodded and gave me the book. He than walked out the door, and I sat on my bed with the book in my hands.
"Well..." I started, and Gaius looked at me. "I have 15 more minutes, so I might as well start studying now." I said with a smile, and Gaius nodded, chuckling. I joined him, and then opened the book of magic on the first page.