Big Day

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

"For the millionth time, no!" I exclaimed, looking over to Gwen for help, but only receiving a shake of head in return.
"Why not?" Morgana whined, making me roll my eyes. "Anna!" She exclaimed. "It's your birthday! We have to celebrate it!" I sighed and shook my head, eventually turning away from the wardrobe, where I was fixing Morgana's nightgowns.
"And how exactly are you planning to celebrate it?" I asked sarcastically. "Because I honestly doubt that Uther would be generous enough to arrange a feast for a simple servant's birthday."
Morgana just sighed, and shook her head, making me think that she decided to let the ridiculous idea of celebrating the anniversary of my birth go. However, as I turned back around, I could see her and Gwen sharing a look from the corner of my eye. Oh, no. What are they planning?

*Third Person's P.O.V.*

"Merlin, is there a particular reason for why you're as jumpy as a scared child in the middle of a storm?" Prince Arthur asked in annoyance after his servant dropped his armor for what seemed like the hundredth time in the last five minutes.
"Sorry, Sire." Merlin apologized after picking up the gauntlet. "I'm just wondering what I could do for Annabelle today, since we hardly have a chance to spend any time together these days." He wasn't lying. They did spend a lot of time together, but they never had a chance to relax like normal siblings, seeing as they always had to worry about saving either Arthur or Camelot. Or both.
"Annabelle?" Arthur asked, and Merlin turned to look at him.
"Today is her 18th birthday. We would always celebrated it in one way or another back at home, but like I said, we hardly get a chance to do anything together now." He explained.
"Well, it's her 18th birthday. You have to do something." Arthur said, standing up from where he was sitting at his desk, and Merlin raised his eyebrows at the Prince. "What? Don't look at me like that. The 18th anniversary of birth is the most important day in a woman's life. That means she is becoming an adult."
"And how would you know all that?"
"Merlin, I think you're forgetting that a certain woman named Morgana resides in this castle." Arthur said sarcastically. "Her 18th birthday was 2 years ago, and the celebration was the biggest one in Camelot."
"Yes, well my sister isn't a Lady or a royal, so we can't do anything like that." Merlin shot back, and walked over to Arthur's bed in order to fix the sheets that were still wrinkled from Arthur's tossing in the night. Just as Arthur opened his mouth to speak, the doors to his chambers burst open, and Lady Morgana barged in.
"I need your help." She stated urgently, walking up to the Pendragon.
"Good morning to you too." Arthur rolled his eyes, looking down at her. "What is it?"
"I need you to tell Uther that there were reports of a beast deep in the woods, and that he has to come with you to check for any tracks."
"Why?"
"I need him distracted and out of the castle for the entire day. It would be best if he came back no earlier than tomorrow noon." Morgana said.
"I'll ask once again. Why?" Arthur asked, and the Lady sighed.
"It's Anna's 18th birthday today, and-"
"Yes, I know."
"How?" Morgana's eyebrows furrowed, and Merlin raised his hand. "Oh, right. Either way, can you do it?"
"Are you joking?" Arthur looked at her weirdly. "I would have to bribe at least 10 patrol guards to lie to the King! Do you know what he would do to them if he found out?"
"Arthur, please! Why don't you just lie to him and bribe the guards so that they wouldn't say anything? They wouldn't be the ones lying. They would just keep their mouths shut." Morgana pleaded, wanting to do something special for the girl who has been like a sister to her.
"Can I just ask..." Merlin trailed off as he looked at the two of them. "Why do you want the King out of Camelot?"
"I want to arrange a feast for Annabelle." Morgana replied, and Merlin nearly dropped the goblet he picked up from the nightstand.
"Are you serious?"
"Of course I'm serious." Morgana said. "Gwen and I already spoke with the headmistress of the Camelot servants. She agreed to help us, so as soon as Uther rides out, they can start decorating the Grand Hall, while Gwen and I distract Anna." Just as she finished explaining the plan, Guinevere rushed in and curtsied to Arthur before looking at Morgana, but not before smiling at Merlin.
"I sent Anna to the Lower Town's market, so she won't be back for at least two hours, seeing as she said she wanted to take a walk." She quickly explained, and Morgana smiled, before looking at Arthur.
"So?" Arthur looked at the two excited girls, before looking at his servant, who also had a glint of hope in his eyes, before sighing.
"Alright, alright. I'll do it." He said, making Morgana and Gwen grin. "But!" He pointed his finger at Morgana. "You're helping. We have to go for breakfast with my father right now, so you will help me make the story convincing." With that, he grabbed the Lady's hand and dragged her out of his chambers, heading towards the dining chambers, where King Uther was already waiting.
    The guards at the doors bowed to the young royal and Lady, and opened the doors for them.
"Father." Arthur greeted, bowing his head slightly before walking over to his seat on the King's right, while Morgana walked over to hers on Uther's left.
"Arthur. Morgana." The King greeted with a small smile as the two sat down. "I was beginning to think that I would have to send someone to make sure you didn't get lost in the castle."
"I'm sorry, but Merlin couldn't find my boots. Turns out he left them in his room." Arthur said, actually telling the truth.
"I'm beginning to think there is a problem with your servant's brain." Uther said, eyeing Merlin as he walked into the room.
"I've been thinking that for a long time already." Arthur replied smirking as Merlin shook his head.
"Clotpole." He muttered, turning around to grab the jug of wine.
"Where's your other maid?" Uther asked Morgana, seeing only Guinevere, who also just arrived.
"She went to the market in the Lower Town to buy fabric for my new gown." Morgana replied, also telling the truth, and Uther nodded.
"Father, after Morgana came to my chambers, one of the patrol guards came to me and gave me reports of the woods by Camelot's Northern Borders." Arthur started his part in the plan.
"What news?" The King asked, and Arthur shared a look with Morgana before answering.
"Apparently, a beast has been sighted." That sparked Uther's interest.
"What kind of beast?"
"It's hard to say." Arthur replied. "No one has actually seen the whole body. Peasants from the outlying villages could only hear the growls and hisses, as well as see claw marks on the barks of the trees in the woods."
"Gather a patrol and ride out as soon as you can." Uther ordered, and Morgana glanced at Arthur for a second.
"Actually, My Lord, Arthur was wondering if this time you could be the one to ride out." She said, and Uther's brows furrowed.
"Why is that?"
"His ribs were hurt yesterday in training." She lied, and Uther turned to look at his son.
"Why haven't you said anything?" He asked, and Arthur opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by Morgana.
"Isn't it obvious? He's too proud to admit that he can't go on patrol because of a simple injury." She said with a smirk, making Arthur narrow his eyes at her.
"Arthur." Uther nearly groaned, giving his son a disapproving look.
"I'm sorry, Father." Arthur apologized, giving Morgana a look that said he will kill her for this, but she only smirked, enjoying the course of this conversation very much. Merlin was enjoying it as well.
"Guard!" The King called, and the doors opened, revealing one of the guards.
"My Lord?" He bowed.
"Gather a patrol of 10 soldiers. We ride out to the Northern Borders in an hour." Uther ordered, and the guard nodded before bowing and leaving as the King looked at his son. "You will stay in the castle, while I go and investigate."
"How long will you be gone?" Morgana asked, trying to stop the smile from making its way on her lips.
"If everything goes well, I should be back before sundown tomorrow." Uther replied, and as he continued eating, Morgana and Arthur shared a secret smile with Merlin and Guinevere. Everything will go according to the plan.