The Third and Final Day of the Tournament

*Annabelle's P.O.V*

I fumbled with my dress nervously, and sighed. How long will it take for Merlin to figure out this freaking spell?! The Tournament starts in 10 minutes! Yesterday, we were both sitting on the steps of stairs in front of the main entrance to the castle, and we agreed that we have to do something to stop Valiant from killing Arthur. Gwen talked with Merlin a while before, so now he was even more determined to do something. My eyes fell on the granite statue of a dog, and then I realized that the only way to defeat Valiant is to expose him for who he really is. Merlin got a wheelbarrow from Gwen, and we brought the statue of the dog all the way to Gaius's headquarters and to our room. I found the Animation Spell in the book from Gaius, and Merlin put the dog in our room and gave the wheelbarrow back to Gwen. I then had to go back to my chambers and have dinner, but Merlin had to practice the spell until it works. He was supposed to come to my chambers today before the Tournament to tell me how to pronounce the spell, since my magic is more powerful, but he hasn't come yet, and I'm starting to get worried.
Merlin told me that he went to see Arthur and tried to persuade him to withdraw, but Arthur said that it will make him look like a coward in front of the People. So now, since there's still 10 minutes until the Tournament, I decided to go to Arthur and wish him luck. The doors to his chambers were slightly open, so I walked in without knocking and saw a servant helping Arthur with his armor, since he fired Merlin yesterday after the audience with the King. When the servant saw me, he bowed his head and left. I walked over to Arthur and hesitantly put my hands on his back.
"Let me?" I asked, referring to his armor. He nodded his head lightly, so I clasped the belt on his back shut and made sure that his armor clings tightly to his body. I then walked in front of him and finished tying the the strings that connected the gauntlet on his arm. I saw the confused look on his face, and smiled lightly. "Gwen told me everything there is to know about armor." I said and he nodded in understanding. I then walked over to the table next to us and grabbed his helmet and gave it to him. He looked at me with soft eyes.
"Thanks." He smiled, and I managed a small smile back. He then started heading toward the doors.
"Arthur?" I called, and he looked at me over his shoulder. "Be careful." I said, and he nodded with a small smile.
"See you at the feast." He said, and walked out of his chambers. I sighed. Why am I acting like this?

*10 minutes later*

I sat in between Gwen and Morgana again, fumbling with my cape. I was really nervous. Valiant was already in front of us, and was looking at me with a smirk. The crowd roared in cheers, and I saw Arthur walking out from the courtyard. He looked at his father, who sent him a nod, and then looked back at Valiant. They both put on their helmets and Arthur held out his sword in front of him. He looked at me and I sent him a small smile in encouragement. Valiant clashed his sword against Arthur's lightly as a sign of peace, and then they both got into their ready positions. Everyone went quiet and stared at the two opponents. Finally Valiant gave out a yell, and and charged at Arthur.
Their sword clashed and they both fought with everything they got in them. Everyone leaned closer and gripped their seats when Valiant pushed Arthur back with his shield. I watched in anticipation as Valiant hit Arthur's shield with is sword, and Arthur spun around and clashed his sword against Valiant's shield. At one point Arthur hit Valiant in the head with his sword, making his helmet fall off. They looked at one another for a few seconds, and then Arthur took off his helmet as well and threw it on the ground. Everyone cheered at his honorable gesture, but I just looked at him with more worry. Now his head is an easy target.
After couple of seconds, Valiant stepped on Arthur's foot to keep him in place and hit him in the chin with his shield. Morgana and I both covered our mouths with one hand, and I gripped Gwen's arm with my other hand, since she also had her hands clasped together in front of her face. Arthur fell down, and Valiant charged at him. He stepped on Arthur's shield, making him unable to move, and Arthur tried to slash him with his sword, but only collided with Valiant's shield instead. But that caused Valiant to take a step back, so when he tried to give the final blow in Arthur's chest, Arthur was able to roll out of the way.The crowd gasped as the sword embedded itself in the ground. I slowly lowered my hand from my mouth, but gasped again as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I whipped around, only to face Merlin. He leaned down so that he could whisper the Animation Spell in my ear. He repeated it twice to make sure that I remembered it, and I nodded in understanding. He quickly left, and I leaned forward in my seat and raised my hand about three centimeters in the air. High enough to have the effect, and low enough for everyone not to notice.
"Bebiede þe arisan cwicum." I whispered lowly so that none would hear me. Suddenly, the two snakes emerged from the shield. I'm guessing the third snake won't show itself after I cut its head off. Everyone got up from their seats and watched the snakes in shock.
"He is using magic." Uther growled. Arthur then faced his father.
"And now they see you for what you really are!" Valiant looked at him and chuckled. Suddenly the snakes left the shield.
"KILL HIM!!!" He yelled, and the snakes started crawling towards Arthur. It was then the I noticed that he was disarmed. I looked around in panic, and my eyes landed on the sword in the sheath of the Knight next to Uther. I quickly and gently pushed Morgana out of the way and took the sword out of the Knight's sheath.
"Arthur!" I yelled and threw the sword to him. He caught it and quickly chopped off the snakes' heads. He then turned to Valiant again. Their swords clashed and then Arthur moved forward quickly and plunged the sword into Valiant's chest. He then lowered his body onto the ground and the crowd erupted in cheers. Morgana, Gwen and I all clapped with relief. Arthur looked over at me, and I smiled. He was safe, and it was over.