Nice to Meet You

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

I watched as Merlin was sitting in the stocks, with pieces of vegetables in his hair. The kids that were throwing the food at him just left, and I saw Gaius walking by and laughing. I chuckled and walked over to Merlin, when I saw a pretty girl about my age walking over to us. She had an olive skin, brown eyes, and dark brown curly hair that was put into a bun. She was wearing a red cloak, and from what I could see, her clothing was done pretty well. She must be one of the personal servants in the castle. When she got over to us, she smiled and I smiled back.
"I'm Guinevere, but most people call me Gwen? I'm the Lady Morgana's maid?" She introduced herself, but the tone of her voice made it sound more questioning, which gave off that she seemed to be a bit nervous. I smiled at her.
"I'm Annabelle, but most people call me Anna."I introduced myself and shook her hand. She smiled at me and looked over at Merlin.
"I'm Merlin." He said, and tried to extend his left hand for her to shake, but it didn't really work because of the chains on his wrists, so Gwen just chuckled and shook his left hand with a smile."But most people just call me Idiot." He said, and I chuckled. Gwen shook her head.
"No, no, no, I saw what you did. That was so brave!" She exclaimed, and Merlin shook his head.
"It was stupid." He said, and I smiled to myself. Maybe he did learn his lesson after all.
"Well, I'm glad you walked away. You weren't going to beat him." Gwen said, and Merlin's head shot up.
"Oh, I could beat him." He said confidently, and I chuckled to myself. Is he trying to impress her?
"You think?" She asked, doubtfully. "Because you don't look like one of these big, muscly kind of fellows." At this point, I really had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing.
"Thanks." He said sarcastically, but I could hear a faint sound of hurt in it. Gwen must have heard it too.
"No! No, I-I'm sure you're stronger than you look. It's just, um... Arthur's one of these real rough, tough, save-the-world kind of men, and... Well." She hesitated.
"What?" Merlin inquired.
"You don't look like that." She blurted out. Merlin looked around and then motioned for her to step closer. When she did, he looked at her mysteriously.
"I'm in disguise." he said quietly, and Gwen looked at him for a second, and then started laughing. Merlin joined her, and I just kept staring at him.
"Well, it's great that you stood up to him." Gwen said with a smile.
"You think so?" Merlin asked with a smile. He definitely was proud with himself now.
"Arthur's a bully? And, everyone thought you were a real hero." She said smiling.
"Really?" My brother asked, his voice full of hope. Gwen smiled even more, and nodded. Merlin and I then saw more kids running over to us with buckets full of vegetables. "Oh, excuse me, Guinevere. My fans are waiting." He said, pointing to the kids. Gwen looked over to them, smiled at him one more time, and then ran away, probably so that she wouldn't get hit with anything. I stepped back, and sat on the stool. Merlin waved to Gwen, and that's when the kids started throwing the vegetables at him. They were laughing, and I just sat there, and watched Merlin. Will he ever learn to be careful?