Chapter 2.

"Zaina, he is waiting for you."My Mom told me softly sitting next to me but I didn't reply and look down. I don't want to do this. I don't want to meet him. I don't want to leave my parents.

"I know you don't want to do this but you have to. You will be happy with him. He give you everything you want. At least meet him and I am sure you will agree on this relationship." Mom says stroking my open hairs. Mom gives me bright red Pakistani dress to wear it. She did my makeup and told me to open my hairs and didn't wear hijab.

I looked at her and give her a stiff nod.She smile widely and help me to get downstairs in living room where my soon to be husband waiting for me. It has been 3 days since my little fight with Dad and Mom. Dad is keeping his distance with me while Mom only talk when she need something or want to tell me something other than that she also keep her distance. Fariha and Ariz were only who talk to me. They told me not to do this but I can't do anything because Dad already made his decision and no one can change it.

When we enter in living room I keep my eyes down and put my fake smile. I looked up and saw him. My future husband. He looked at me with soft smile. I feel weird so I look down again. Mom guide me to couch and make me sit next to her. Ariz and Fariha were also in room.

"Zaina, he is Karim and Karim, she is Zaina my daughter." Dad introduce us. We exchange our Salam and I stay quiet while Dad and he talk about something. It is weird that his parents are not here with him.

I feel light shake on my arm, I look and saw Fariha giving me a pleading look but I give her a reassuring smile. She smile sadly but didn't say anything. I can tell it was hard for her to keep her emotions to her. Fariha and Ariz don't want me here to meet him or marry him but because of Dad and Mom I am here.

"I think we should give them some time to talk" Dad says and stood up. Mom soon followed him and they walk out of room. Ariz and Fariha give me sad smile before following them. It is just me and him.

I still can't believe my own Dad want me to marry to someone who I don't know. Whenever Mom Dad talk about my marriage they always say if I had someone in my mind then I tell them but here it is totally opposite. They are now forcing me to marry the person who is sitting in front of me with a weird smile.

"So... How are you Zaina?" He asked politely. I closed my eyes hoping this all is a dream but sadly this is not. This all is true.

"I am fine. You?" I asked quietly looking down but I can feel his eyes on me.

"Good. Tell me about yourself."He says and I can feel him smirking when I stuttered on my words.

"Uh... I a-am Zaina A-Arif. I a-am 20years old. I-I finish m-my college f-few days ago. I-I want t-to do job b-but my parents t-told m-me to m-marry you. P-please d-don't think I-I don't want tom-marry you. I k-know m-my p-parents never make m-me marry someone w-who is not good. I-I w-want to do j-job before I-I get m-married. I-I want t-to support m-my family." I told him stuttering but honestly what I want. I hope he understand what I am trying to say and he postponed this marriage for few years.

"Well, I think it is a good idea to do job and support your family. I know about your Dad job and what he earn. I don't mind if you want to work after our marriage as long as you complete all your  responsibilities as my wife."He says making me shocked. I looked up at him with wide eyes but he just smile.I blush and look down. This is what I want. My future husband permission if I can work or not.

"Um... T-thank y-you so m-much.Anyways, tell m-me something a-about y-you. I see y-your p-parents aren't herewith y-you. If y-you don't mind m-me asking, w-where are y-your parents."I asked him. Suddenly his face harden but he cover it with tight smile on his face and his hands were clenching on his sides.

"S-sorry, if I-I make y-you uncomfortable. Y-you don't h-have to t-tell m-me." I stuttered again and he take a deep breath before relaxing.

"No, it's okay. You are going to be my wife soon so you had right to know about them. My parents didn't work out. They get divorce and I used to live with my Dad but after his death I was left alone." He told me with a sad smile. I feel my heart clenching seeing him like this. We don't have any feeling between us but as a human I can feel his pain and how hard time he had seen.

"S-sorry about t-that." I mumble looking down at my hands and he sigh heavily.

"You don't have to sorry. Zaina I want to tell you something honestly." He say slightly nervous. I frowned what he wants to tell me? Why he is nervous?

"Okay." I give him assuring smile. He stood up and walk over where I was sitting. He take his seat but give space between us.

"Zaina, I really like you. When your Dad told me about you and show me your picture, I know you are the only one who will be my life partner. Don't think it is attraction because it is not. The moment I saw your picture you are the only thing that come in my mind, my heart. I saw your face before sleeping and after waking up." He said looking straight in my eyes. Something inside me scared me as his eyes darken but right now I didn't care. I was lost in his beautiful brown eyes.

Did he really say that? How did he like me by only seeing my picture? Did someone like other people this much? Is this love or...? No, love is too soon to talk about it.

"Say something." He whispered breaking me from my thought. I blushed and look down. I know my face turn into deep red at which he chuckle. "You look cute when you blush."

"Um" I clear my throats to stop him from embarrassing me. "Karim, I get what are you saying but for me it is too soon to talk about what I feel for you. Give me some time to think about all this." I give him a pleading look making him sigh and nodded.

"Okay as you wish but you know I like you very much. Now, let's go out before your parents come inside thinking I kidnapped you." He chuckle and shake his head. I smile softly at his carefree behavior. We stood up and walk out to dining room where I know Mom was setting everything on table. We seated and start eating lunch. Dad and Karim talk about some arrangements before Ariz decide to talk about car in which Karim came here. He told Ariz he had one other car at home and two bikes. I don't know if I should feel happy or scared. I don't know how Dad knows Karim but I had weird feeling that this all is not good. Something will be wrong but I don't want to tell anyone and break their hopes.

'Ya, Allah. Everything go perfect nothing bad happen.' I prayed silently and continue to stare at my family.

-------

It is not what I want it to be but this is all I can do for now. Hope you all like it. I will try my best to make other chapters better then this. 

Votes, Comments & Share!

-Maddy.!