Chapter 11.

"What happened to your face?" Zeba asked as she saw me walking in the lunch room with my left face swollen. Karim hit me hard that my face gets swelled with it and I didn't do anything to keep it from swelling. I come in the lunch room to get some coffee for Mrs. Salman. John told me her son came yesterday and left again.

"N-nothing. I slipped on my face." I lie to her avoiding eye contact. I can tell she knows I am lying, but she didn't push me to tell her. I went back in the Mrs. Salman room and give her coffee while I check her reports and study about her problems.

"It looks like you are free to go." I smiled at her as I saw everything normal. She sighed and thank Allah for going out of hospital. We made her discharged paper and John drop her to the ground floor where her son was waiting for her. I take out my phone when I feel it vibrate in my pocket. It was from Karim. He was calling me and asking me to forgive him since yesterday but I always turn it down. I sighed heavily.

"Yes Karim?" I answer his call without emotions. 

"Zaina, p-please listen to me-me." I heard crack in his voice making me swallowed a lump. No matter what, I still love him and I couldn't see him like that. 

"Karim, I will hear everything when I get back. I will be home early." I said with a sigh. He breath heavily. 

"Okay. I am waiting for you." He says and I hung up. I know one day I have to deal with it. I have to know what make him do that to me. What is making him fear for me leaving him for another.

"Is everything okay?" I heard someone behind me. I turned and nodded at Ma'am Amna. She sighs with a nod and turned to leave. When it was 4 pm I was ready to go home. I walk downstairs and out of hospital. I take a cab to home. When I reach home, I paid him off and went inside. I saw Karim waiting for me. When he notices me he stood up and walk closer to me, but I stop him raising my hand in front of me. 

"Please. Say what you want from there." I says avoiding the eye contact. I hate to see hurt in those beautiful glossy eyes.

"Please Zaina, forgave me. I-I don't know what happened to me that I raised my hands on you. I-i swear I am no-not like t-that. Its just I-i was so mad at that time." He confesses stuttering. I feel my heart breaking when I heard a sob from him. I looked at him and saw tears running down from his face. I quickly throw my bag on the couch and walk over to hug him. I know I shouldn't forgave him easily, but I hate to see him like that because of me.

"Promise me you never think of me cheating on you. Promise me you never shout at me again. Promise me you never slap me again." I asked him to promise me. I feel him nodding in a hug. 

"I-I p-promise." He says and tighten his grip on my waist. I smile slightly and do that same with him.

After few hours of apologizing, we had dinner peacefully. Karim didn't say anything but keep saying sorry. I told him it's okay. I really want to ask him questions, but I pass it to ask some other day because he looks really tired and want to sleep. We went back in our room and he held me close while sleeping as he was going to lose me any second. I know something bad happened with him and I want to know about it, but I also know it is not a good time for him.

He knows everything about me, but I don't know anything about him beside his parents separating and he had a bad childhood. Suddenly I feel something coming up in my mouth and I get myself out of Karim grip and went in the bathroom. I throw up twice before I clean myself and walk back into the room. I saw Karim sleeping peacefully in bed making me smile slightly. I walk over and get in bed next to him and fall asleep after a few minutes.