Chapter 27.

Zaina.

I stared at him to see if he is joking, but no, he is so serious and nervous right now. I don't know what is gotten into him that he want to be friends with me. I know I can trust Hadi and be friends with him but one thing only for me. Karim. If he knows about me with being friends with him, then he will use it against me, but if I accept Hadi as my friend I know he will be there for me whenever I need him.

"So?" Hadi voice snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"Why you want to be friends with me?" I asked him slowly eating my food again. He sighs and look down and starts eating as well.

"To be honest, I want to show that you are not broken, damaged or worthless girl. I want to show you how to live your life. Earlier I saw a dead girl in your eyes. I don't know much about you, but I know that somewhere inside you a girl hidden that was real Zaina who used to do fun and care about her love ones. I already see this fake Zaina and now I want to see that real Zaina. I want to see who you really are. I want to see what you do with your friends without caring anyone in this world. I want to see that cheerful side of yours." By the time he finished, tears formed in my eyes looking at honesty and care in his eyes.

"Hadi..." I stop when he held up a finger.

"Call me HS. I like hearing it from you." He smiled. I nodded and give him a small smile before looking at him blankly.

"HS, don't get me wrong, but that Zaina was dead when her child died. I am sorry HS but I can't be friends with you. Please don't think you are bad or something because you are not. You are such an amazing person and I couldn't think being friends with you. It will affect your personality." I told him truthfully. If people know about me and then about our friendship, they will think negatively and put their fingers on Hadi and judge him by me as his friend.

"Zaina, I didn't care about anyone in this world, but only my family and my family already accept you as my client and friend so you don't have to worry about my personality. I want you to be friends with me because I think you are a great and strong girl after whatever you had gone through." Hadi say seriously to me. I could feel as he started to get angry and I don't him to get angry at me so I do what I think is good.

"Okay. I will be your friend." I say with a small smile. His anger quickly vanished and it's replaced by a big smile. He looks like he won a trophy. He held his hand out to shake. I hesitantly put my hand in his and shake it once, but that shake was enough to give me light shivers. 

Now, I can finally say that I have someone with me in this fight against my husband. My first ever friend after I get a second chance to live my life. I am glad to say that friend is the one who safe me.

Hadi.

"Come on, hurry up." I yelled for the fifth time in a half hour from living room and take everything outside in my car. 

"I am ready." I heard Zaina coming from the front door. I shut the trunk after putting our bags and turned around. I freeze when I spot her. She was looking really beautiful in a white dress that come to her foot. She look like an angel.

"We are getting late." She says, walking past me. I shake my head with a smile and went to lock front door. I get in the car and put on seatbelt before driving toward our destination.

It has been a week to our friendship and I am glad to say that we are really good friends now. We tease each other, playfully insult each other and try to make each other embarrassed. I don't know this side of Zaina was this different to her old side, but I am happy that she is back to what she used to before she get married to Karim.

I talk her about filing the case and I am glad that she agreed to press abusing and killing charges against him first so after that we could file case and in that way our case will become strong. Police say they have to do the test. Lady officer told us that she sees Zaina back was covered in scars and her report also say that she is force few minutes. Zaina informs police to check hospital records and they can ask that doctor who does Zaina operation when she had a miscarriage. I am happy that she agree with all this and we are finally taking a big step to put her husband behind the bars.

I am sure when judge see our case strength she will announce her decision in our favour. Zaina asked me to go with a female judge that she could understand her situation easily. After a day we did all this, Mom called to check on Zaina. She tells Mom about the case and Mom promise to be here with her when it was time to go court. I am confident that I will be able to give her justice for everything she had suffered.

"Are you sure it is a good idea to give them surprise?" Zaina asked breaking me from my thoughts. I looked at her and smiled.

"Yes, they will be very happy to see me. They called me last night and tell me how much they miss me." I told her and make a quick stop at gas station and fill the tank before paying and moving on.
"Oh. Okay."

"Don't worry Zaina. They never judge a person before knowing about them." I assure her. She nodded with a smile. I smiled back and continue to drive toward Seattle where we are going to meet my full family.