Chapter 24.

Hadi.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as she glared at me. I don't know why. I haven't done anything to make her mad at me. 

"What I am doing here? Hadi Salman do you know you have a thing call cell phone and you should answer it when someone call. Why weren't you picking it up?" She asked angrily. I sigh heavily so that is why she is here. I thought she would be back after one and a half weeks, but she is here early. Good that she is here so I can meet her to Zaina. Wait. Zaina. I looked around and saw her looking at me with wide eyes. Not me, but my Mom.

"Answer me Hadi." I heard Mom yelling again, but I looked at Zaina as she look at Mom then at me nervously. Why is she nervous? What happened to her? 

"How is she?" My Aunty asked who was standing beside my Mom quietly. I looked at Mom as she looked at Zaina confused, but shocked expression.

"A-Assalam-o-Alaikum Sheila Aunty" Zaina gave her Salam to my Mom nervously. Mom looked at me then at her.

"Walaikum Assalam Zaina. What are you doing here?" She asked, walking toward her. I am the one who is most confused. How Mom and Zaina know each other? Did they meet before? 

"I am confused. How you two know each other?" I asked them as Aunty walk inside and close the door behind her.

"You remember I got hospitalize and you were out of city." I nodded. I still remember my biggest mistake to leave her alone at home for an important case.

"She is the one who take care of me when I was in hospital. She called you to come and take me when I get better." I looked at Mom in shocked when she told how she know her. I can't believe the girl who literally insults me is standing in front of me? 

That day was the worst day of my career life. That day I lost the case I have been working hard and that is only because Judge is related to the culprit. He let the culprit go on first hearing and didn't even listen to me.

"So, she is that girl. I can't believe Zaina it was you who insult me without knowing anything." I was angry at her.

"Um... I-I am sorry b-but I didn't know it was you and you have a bad day." She says, looking down and I notice the sadness in her eyes that make me sigh. 

"It's okay. But please don't insult me or tell me I don't care about my Mom. She is the only one person beside my sibling who I care about." I told her. She nodded and look up at me with a small smile. I looked at Mom and Aunty blurt they were looking back at me with a surprised look. I know why they are looking at me like this. I forgive Zaina and I had never forgiven anyone so easily.

After Zaina meets my Aunty, they sit in the living room while I went in the kitchen to make some coffee for us. I don't know Mom was calling me and messaging me, but I didn't hear any sound of call or message when I put my phone always with me. I finish making coffee and take it in the living room and get everyone. Mom was sitting on couch with Zaina while Aunty was sitting on single couch. I take my seat of the other single couch.

"So Zaina, what are you doing here?" Mom asked her, causing both of us to choke on our coffee.

"Um..." She nervously glances at me, but I was also nervous and blurt out what came in my mind.

"She wants to divorce her husband and want me to handle her case" Everyone look at me shocked and confused. I accidentally burn myself when I take a big sip of hot coffee to get away from her questions. Sometimes I feel like Mom is the lawyer and I am the culprit the way she asked me so many questions.

"Why you want to divorce him?" Mom asked her. I looked at her to ask if I can tell her but she shakes her head. 

"Some personal problems." She shrugged, looking away and drink her coffee. I could feel how hard she is trying to get away from this conversation.

"Zaina look at." Mom order and sigh when Zaina look at her with glossy eyes. "Zaina in those 2 days I get to know you well. I can tell when you are lying and hiding something. Tell me what's wrong with your married life. Last time you were very happy with your husband. Tell me I am like your Mother." That's been enough to break her and she started to cry on Mom shoulder. Mom, look at me worriedly, but I just shake my head and look down.

After explaining everything to Mom, she look like ready to kill Zaina Husband whose name is Karim. When Zaina excused herself Mom tell us that both Mom and Zaina were together last time was only talking about her husband. Mom tell us that Zaina was very happy with him and can't believe that this all happen to her. Then she asked something that make me swallow hard. 

"How you two meet each other?" She asked me. I am nervous, if I should tell her or not. If she knows then she will lecture me on my driving skills.

"He hit me with his car." A voice that belongs to Zaina reply Mom question. I groaned and look at the door where she was standing with an innocent look. She looks at me when Mom and Aunty also glance at me with wide eyes and smirk at me. 

"What?" Mom shouted angrily. I quickly shake my head.

"N-No Mom. I-it was an a-accident. I didn't really hit her." I glare at her, but her walk toward Mom and sit next to her.

"Hadi Salman doesn't lie to me. You always stammer when you lied about something. Tell me why you were driving fast?" I wanted to pout for her always caught me when I try to lie about something. 

"Mom, I wasn't driving fast. It was dark and I couldn't see her coming." I tell her truthfully. She sighed and rubbed her head. 

"It's okay Aunty. I forgave him." Zaina says Mom as She cool her anger down. Mom nodded at her and they went back to talking. I looked at Zaina but she smirks at me before looking away. I know she did it on purpose for scolding me by my Mom.

"Have you decided to file a case against him?" Aunty asked Zaina. She shakes her head and Mom looked at her confused. 

"Why not?" Mom and Aunty asked same time. I look at her and waited for her to answer their question.

"I-I can't. I don't want to face him again. If he knows I am alive then he will threaten me to come back and he again torture me." Zaina told them with a scared look. I feel bad for seeing her scared of him

"Don't worry. You will be safe. You have Hadi, me, my sister Sara and if you want Hadi will request to give you police protection but please don't let him get over you. You are still young. You should divorce him and move on, get married and live happily." Mom told her softly. We nodded, agreeing with Mom. The thought of her marrying make me angry and I don't know why. 

"O-okay. I am ready for it." She says quietly enough for us to hear it. I sigh in relief.

Now, I will make sure to make him pay for his mistake. For everything he had done with Zaina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it. Tell me what you think about this chapter. 

This chapter is dedicated to Mish1Dforever because she the one who guess about Hadi.  

Anyways, I want my readers to know if they want to request any one shot from my completed story then I am here to complete as I am free again. Do let me know if you want to request about something.

-Maddy.!