Chapter 9.

"There you are." I heard someone familiar saying from behind me. I turned around and saw Zeba coming toward me with a smile.

"Finally, you come. You said you were on leave for 2 days not for a whole week." I say with fake anger. She smiled and batted her eyes causing me to sigh.

"Sorry. I was finishing some work." She says with sadness in his voice. I frowned when I saw her eyes getting teary.

"What's wrong Zeba? Did something happened?" I asked worriedly when tear fall from her eyes. She wipe them off and shake her head.

"N-no. Everything is okay." She lie to me and avoid eye contact.

"Don't lie to me. Tell me." I demanded. She sigh and tell me about her problems.

"I get separated from my husband." She says and starts explaining me how her husband start beating her for thinking she was cheating on him with someone. She told me that the days she take off she was busy in moving in her new home. I comfort her saying he didn't deserve her in any kind.

"Why you ladies are crying?" We heard a confused voice from behind her. We turned and saw John looking at us confused.

"Some personal matters." I shrugged it off. He look at us for few second before sighing.

"Okay. Zee you had a patient to handle in room 209. Zaina, Ma'am Amna is calling you down." He says and walk out. Zeba went to take her patient and I went downstairs toward nurse room where I know Ma'am Amna is waiting or telling other their duties.

"Yes Ma'am?" I asked once I stand in front of her. She look at me and sighed.

"Zaina, we got a patient in room no. 301. She was our special patient and I want you to take care of her. I want to see how much you are interest and how well you can do your job. But remember you have no day off and if you do anything wrong you will be fired right that moment. Is that clear?" She asked and explain me. I nodded. She gave me information about the patient. She had a heart problem and need to take proper care for her health. Her name is Sheila Salman.

I went upstairs where was Mrs. Sheila Salman was in her private room. I stood outside and knock twice before I heard a soft and weak voice telling to come in. When I walk inside I saw an older women half lying and half sitting on bed eating some fresh fruits. She look aged as her hairs were all gray and had some wrinkles on her face and neck but still she look beautiful.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum Mrs. Salman. How are you feeling today?" I asked walking inside. She smile widely and put the bowl on side.

"Walaikum Assalam. Finally I saw a Muslim girl in here. I am fine" She said smiling. I smiled back and check everything on board by her bed.

"It is good to listen you are doing well. Now let me give you some pills and then you have to rest." I say and find the pills I have to give. She nodded and swallowed her pills with some water.

"What's your name?" She asked lying down. I looked at her feeling embarrassed for not introducing myself.

"I am Zaina. I will be your nurse all the time when you are in here." I told her and smiled when I see her dull eyes brighten.

"That's good. I really like you. I always want a daughter but never had. I have only one son. His name is Hadi and he is the best lawyer." She says smiling and her eyes got watered.

"Now, you have me as your daughter. Don't worry everything will be okay. Insha-Allah" I say and smile when she nodded and wipe her eyes.

"Yeah, I just hope everything will be okay." She says and whisper Insha-Allah before closing her eyes. I watch her as she started to snore lightly. I smiled and quietly walk out of room. I head back where I know Zeba is and tell her about Mrs. Salman and also that I wouldn't be able to help her. For some reason I feel something inside me attracting toward Mrs. Salman. I didn't talk much to strangers but I feel safe with her.

When it was evening I was ready to go home but I couldn't because I was stop by Ma'am and was told that I had to stay and take care of Mrs. Salman. I messaged Karim and let him know that I will be late. At first he was curious where I was and why I will be late. I tell him everything and say he can pick me up when I will call him.

I was confused why Karim started to act weird. He become very possessive in few days. I know he is afraid to lose me but that is not the reason to tell me what to do. Karim never yell at me before but now he did. He get angry easily. I remember when I get a call from hospital saying I had to come on John place he was angry. I tried my best to give time to him but I couldn't because of my job. And I am not going to leave it for him. I have to support my family.

Speaking of my family, Mom and Dad aren't talking to me because they don't like me going on job. But I still give my first salary to them and ask to forgive me. I know they never get angry with me for a long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am just here to tell that I have schedule of Updating my books and that will be finally because I will be busy soon and don't know when if I will be able to update twice a week or not. To know about it visit my profile you will see it there. 

-Maddy.!