Chapter 10.

It has been 2 days and I am still in hospital. I am tired, but I couldn't go home. Karim calls me 50 times in these 2 days and visit 3 times a day to make sure I am okay. I tried to tell him I am okay and he didn't have to come, but he is not listening to me. 

Today Sheila Aunty wants to go home, but we couldn't let her leave alone. We tried to contact her son but his phone was switch off. Once she gets her home I will also leave for my home. I called Karim few minutes ago and tell him to pick me up because Ma'am Amna.

"Zaina?" I heard Sheila Aunty call me softly. I looked up from magazine that was lying on the small table in the room.

"Yes Aunty?" I asked and quickly walk toward her. She smiled and pointed to her mobile phone that was on the table. I quickly grabbed it and handed it to her.

"Call you please dial my home number and call my son. I tried to call his cell phone, but it was switched off." She says in a sleepy voice. I nodded and open her phone to dial her home number. When I find number saved by home, I dial it. I pressed her phone to my ears. It keeps ringing but no one was picking it up. I cut the call and dial again.

I looked back at Aunty and saw her falling asleep. I quietly walk out of her room with her phone. Again, no one picks it up. I was getting angry right now. How could a son do that to her Mother who was in the hospital all day? Didn't he know she is in here? Did he even at home or outside enjoying party like teenager? Suddenly her phone started to vibrate. I didn't care to look at the caller ID and pick it up.

"Mom? Where are you?" A soft and worried voice come from another line. I clear my throats before speaking.

"Sorry, but it is not your Mom. She is in the hospital right now. Can you please care to come and check on her?" I says with little annoyance in my voice. I heard him taking a deep breath.

"You know who you are talking to?" He asked in a scary voice. I rolled my eyes at his attitude.

"Yeah, I know. I am talking to a son whose mother is in hospital since morning and he didn't even know about it." I said and swallowed when I heard his breathing heavily.

"Hello? Mister I don't have time to talk to you. So please just come to your Mom. She is waiting for you."

"What's your name?" He asked and completely ignored when I say.

"What will you do to know my name? Just come and see your Mom. She was asking you before her sleep. So please hurry up and come here." I say and hung up without waiting for his reply. I am getting mad right now. He doesn't even know where his mother is and he have been bossing me.

"Zaina?" I heard my name getting called from some distance. I take a deep breath and turned around with a smile.

"Yes, John?" I asked him. He looked at me weirdly then down at my hands. I look down at my hands and unclenched phone in my hand.

"Any problem?" He asked, coming closer. I sighed and shook my head.

"Not really. Can you do me a favor?" I asked with a small smile. He smiles back and nodded.

"Sure. What's up?" I look down at my wrist watch then at him.

"Um... I am running late for my home. Can you please take care of Mrs. Salman? Her son will be here soon." I told him. He nodded and tell me not to worry, he will take care of her for an hour or 2 or until her son come here. I thank him with a smile and turned around only to see an angry Karim looking at John. His eyes snapped to mine before it turned into blank.

"K-Karim. W-what are y-you doing h-here?" I asked him stuttering and walking closer.

"I come to pick you up. Go take our bags and meet me in the parking." He says more like order me and turned to leave me confused. I sighed heavily and take my bag before walking down where Karim parked his car. We drove in silence.

He didn't say anything or look at me once. I tried to ask him about his day, but he ignores me. I know he is angry the way he gripped steering wheel that his knuckles were turning white. I don't know why he angry. Is he angry at me or someone else?

"Karim. Would you like to eat something?" I asked him softly as we enter into the living room.

"No. Just leave me alone." He snapped at me. I stood there surprised at his reaction but he didn't care and walk toward the couch before sitting and get relaxed.

"But Karim-" I started to say, but he cut me off.

"Please Zaina. Just leave me. I can't deal with you right now." He sighed heavily and surprised me when he takes out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it up. Suddenly I feel angry boiled in me.

"What you mean you can't deal with me right now? I am your wife Karim. Listen what I am trying to say before you come to any conclusion." I said, taking out all my anger on him.

"What should I hear from you? You tell me your new intern John knows about our marriage, then why he is smiling at you so much? Why are you smiling at him? You are going away from me Zaina. Your job is taking you away from me and causing you to get free around guys which I can't see." He hissed standing up and coming toward me.

"Tell me, you are having an affair behind my back?" I looked at him in shocked. My eyes were wide along with my mouth. I never thought of him thinking like that for me.

"What did you say?" I asked almost whisper. He smirked evilly and come a little closer.

"Are you having an affair behind my back?" He raised his voice. I swallowed and started to shake in fear. I hate shouting, but he didn't care at that moment.

"N-no. T-that is not t-true." I tried to tell him the truth, but the next thing he do make me shocked more than before. I feel a sharp pain on my cheek and my head snapped to right. Did he just hit me on the face?

"Don't lie to me." He yelled and gripped my arms tightly. I was shocked at what he is saying and doing. I never saw him this angry before.

"B-but Karim-" I was cut it off when he released my arm and hit me again on the face.

"I. Don't. Want. To. Listen. Anything. From. You. Do you understand?" He shouted. I started to shake in fear again and nodded. He gripped my arm and roughly pushed me on the couch before walking out of the house.

As soon as I heard the door slamming I break down. I cried for everything. I cried for loving him. I cried for trusting him. I cried for all promises he gives me. I just can't believe he thinks I will betray him for a non Muslim. I cried hard until I feel my eyes get heavy and I fall into deep sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it. Tell me what you think about this chapter and what Karim did was right or wrong? 

-Maddy.!