Chapter 23.

Zaina.

It has been two days I tell Hadi about myself. Three days to live in this house. Five days of that incident and last time I got abused by my psycho husband. However, Hadi still wants me to go police and arrest Karim before taking all this to court. Something I fear of and no one knows about it except my parents.

I always afraid to go court because I was kidnapped once from there when we all get court to get my grandfather will. The lawyer was out of town and told us to collect it from there. I was kidnapped because of that will as my uncle also want everything he left for us and for that he kidnapped me because that time I was the only child of my parents. After that day I never went court, when my parents were kicked out of their house and we want money of our share in that will but we never get that.

I can't go through with that again. I know Karim very well. When he get the letter from court to come he must plan something and tried to threaten me to take it back, but at first he will be surprised to see me. I am sure by now he tells everything lie that I run away with some guy and other things. It will be a shameful moment for me if my parents believe him and didn't believe me. If they didn't believe the person they raised 21 years.

"Zaina?" My thoughts were broken when I heard a familiar soft voice these days calling my name. I open my eyes and look straight where I was watching the news.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sleep." I apologize and rubbed my eyes. I stood up with the help of crutches and saw Hadi giving me a look. Something I couldn't understand. I raised my eyebrow, but he sighs and shake his head.

"It's okay. Why don't you fresh up while I set dinner for us." He suggests. I nodded and slowly walk toward the room I have been living for 3 days.

As I step inside I groaned loudly at the feeling of pain in my legs. I know something is wrong with my legs. It feels like someone hit on my legs. I make a mental note to ask Hadi about it. After fresh up I went back out to the kitchen where Hadi was setting plates and dinner on the table. Sometimes I feel like useless because I can't even help him when he is letting me staying in his house.

I walked up to the table and sit there and waited for Hadi to sit also so we can eat together. At half of dinner, I remember what I have to ask him. I slowly down my eating speed and looked at him. This is the first time I notice him closely.

He was actually good looking. He had dark hairs with hazel eyes what shinning when he is excited or happy about something and get dull when he was sad, heartbroken about something like 2 days ago when I tell him about me. He has light stubble on his side of cheeks and chin. And his pink lips that look soft.

"What are you looking at?" His voice bring me back to reality. I mentally sigh for thinking like that about him. He clearly see me a pity girl who get abused by her husband. I still don't understand why he didn't take Karim side. As he is also a man and should think like him. But again, he is a psycho and he is a gentleman.

"I have a question." I said and waited for him to tell me to continue. He nodded.

"What it is?" He asked once he finish eating.

"Um... Doctors told you about my injuries." I waited for him to nod and when he did I continue. "As much as I remember I never get any of my husband hits on my legs. Can you tell me what I feel pain in my legs." I frowned when he started to get nervous. He slowly down his eating and look away. He swallow loudly before looking up at me with a guilty look.

"Uh... That is because, I-I hit you with my car." It takes few minutes to understand what he says. When I did I looked at him shocked. Did I hear him right? Did he really hit me?

"You mean to say that you didn't find me coming in front of your car and getting faint all of a sudden, but actually you hit me!" I shouted at him. He flinched back and nodded nervously. "What else you lie to me about that night?"

"Nothing. I was just talking to my Mom more like assuring her that I will call her once I get home because I never do. It was black and the rain was heavy when you suddenly come in front of my car and get hit, but I swear I stopped right there to help you." I could feel the honesty in his voice and I decide to take it lightly.

"You have Mom?" I asked him completely ignoring whatever he say. I asked this because I didn't see her here.

"Yeah, she is on her sister's house for two weeks, but now one and half weeks left to get her back here." He says with a soft smile.

"Tell me about yourself." "Why you want to know?" "I want to know that I am not living with a secret agent of my husband" I smirked when he glared at me.

"No, and if you are then I will never tell him about you" He say seriously causing me to roll my eyes.

"Tell me." I whined like a kid. He laugh slightly and take the last bite of his food.

"You know my name already so skip it. I am 25 years old. I live with my widow Mother who is currently going to visit her sister. I am the eldest in other sibling. I have one sister who is 20 married and a brother who is 23 away for his college. I am single and thankfully my Mom is not after me getting married." He released a heavy sigh. I nodded but he still didn't tell me about his work or his full name.

"What is your full name?" I asked him. He opens his mouth to answer me, but cut it off by the door bell. He gives me a confused look before walking out of the kitchen.

"Ouch!" I heard Hadi shouting. I hurriedly grabbed my crutches and walk out as fast as I could, but only to freeze on my steps when I saw the person red with anger and Hadi head snapped on left toward me.

'What is going on here'.

Unknown.

"Relax everything is okay there. You are just over reacting about this." Sara says, but I shake my head and my hands started to shake by thinking why he is not picking up his cell phone.

"I am not over reacting. He is my everything. He is the only one I have after him." I release a shaky breath. She didn't say anything after that because she knows it is the truth. When we get there I quickly step out and rush toward the front door.

I ring bell few times before waiting for him to open. I will open it with my keys but I haven't brought them with me. After the few minutes door open and Hadi come into my view. I scan him head to toe and all my worries go away. But I am still mad at him for not picking up my call and answer my messages. My hands raised on its own and went across his face, causing his face snapped to the left.

"Ouch!" He yelled in pain, but he deserves that.