Chapter 14.

Zaina.

I feel numb like there is nothing in me. I was sitting on couch lifeless and helpless. I still can't believe that Karim did all that with John and he says those things about me. I thought he got changed after that, but he didn't. He still thinks I am cheating on him when I am not. I don't know how could he think about his child like this? I place my hand on my flat stomach as a tear slip from my eyes. I close my eyes, thinking all this is a bad dream and when I woke up everything will be like before, but I guess it was wrong to do it because all things that happened come like a flashback.

"I will tell him soon." I say with a sigh as Zeba and John insist me to tell Karim about the baby but honestly I don't know how. I am not the one from that romantic type of girl who plans something special for their husband.

"When? It has been a week." Zeba said, throwing her hands in the air. I get annoyed with them.

"I said I will tell him soon. Then why don't you guys leave it to me?" I snapped and they both get quiet. I sigh and rubbed my head.

"Let's get you home." Zeba say and help me to stand. John nodded and told us he will inform Ma'am about it. Our shift will be over in few minutes.

We went down in parking and in his car before driving toward my house. I text Karim that Zeba is dropping me home. I waited for him to text me back, but he didn't. I sigh, thinking he must be busy. He didn't even call or text me since he leave for his office. When we arrive at my house I get off the car and I was about to walk away when I heard a door slamming behind me. I turn around and saw both Zeba and John walking toward me.

"Please don't think we will leave you all by yourself." Zeba says and snatch the keys that were in my hand and open the front door. She dragged me in and John closed the door behind him.

"Now, let's get you relax." Zeba say walking in the living room. I didn't even have a chance to ask what she mean by relax as she pulled me on the couch with her. She throws my bag on another couch and carefully put on foot on her laps and starts massaging it. I actually feel relaxed with it and decide to let them do what they want.

We talk about random things and about our life. Zeba told us she is happy living separately. My thoughts drifted toward Karim. He hasn't called or messaged me since morning and I started to get worried about it. I call him to ask when he will come back. He tells me and hung up. I know something is wrong with him because he sound so different. He also says he will play games when he come back. I was confused on what type of game he is talking about.

"John go and make some soup for her." Zeba order breaking me from my thoughts to John who pale. We looked at him confused.

"Um... I-I don't know how to cook." He says, embarrassed and scratch the back of his head. Zeba laugh at him while I try to control, but I couldn't help it. He is almost 20 and don't know how to cook. He told us he lived alone in his apartment.

"W-what if you don't know how to cook, then who cook for you?" I asked him confused. Zeba also looks at him and we waited for him to answer.

"Um... I live with my roommate and friend. She makes dinner for us." He says hesitantly. Zeba and I look at each other before raising our eyebrows at him.

"Friend or girlfriend." Zeba asked with a mischievous smirked in her face. John face turn red before he clear his throats.

"Only friend?" He tried to say confidently but failed as it comes out like a question.

"Girlfriend. John is in love." Zeba sings and run when he stood up. They were chasing each other while I was laughing from the couch. I cough when I was out of breath.