Chapter 32.

Zaina.

"So, did you enjoy with them?" Adila asked as she sit lay her daughter on her side. Raina, Habiba and Adila are here to play some game that I don't know. We have taken rest for an hour before they decide to play something.

"Yes, beside that horror house prank." I say playfully glaring at Raina who just smile innocently. After that prank Hadi and I didn't speak to each other.

We tried to avoid the things that take both of us together. It is just that I am trying to think why this happening to me was, I mean I just run away from my psycho husband and now getting close to Hadi and everything is so much to take. I have to stay away from him. I have to avoid him as much as I can. I have to keep things between us professional. Once I will get free from Karim forever, I will leave from here to somewhere where no one knows me. I can't go back to Zeba because I am sure she was angry at me as well to let Karim beat John when it wasn't even his mistake.

"Are you listening?" Raina voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I look at her then at Adila and Habiba who were looking at me confused.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked Raina. She sighed and looked at Adila who nodded at her.

"I was saying what should we play?"

"I already told you truth and dare." Habiba whined at Raina. I nodded with her.

"Yes, Truth and Dare." I say agreeing with Habiba. She smile and give a side hung. We were sitting on the floor, Habiba and I are sitting on one side when Adila and Raina was sitting at other with Adila little daughter on the side.

"You sure?" Adila asked me with a mix look. Raina also had the same look. I don't know why they are looking at me like that.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Okay." Raina say and we start with Adila. She choose dare.

"I dare you to tickle Zaina." Raina says. I look at her with a wide eyes and move away when Adila move toward me with a mischievous look. Raina knows I am ticklish when we were at a carnival.

"Dare is dare. She had to tickle you for at least 5 minutes." Raina add the time. I swallow and make a quick run, but only to pull back to my place and she started to tickle me and I broke into laughter with tears filled in my eyes. I try to run away from her, but Habiba hold me. I look at her shocked, but she just smirked and continue to hold me. After her 5 minutes was completed both release me and I hit Habiba playfully with pillow.

"I thought you were with me." I say continue to hit her and then stop when she apologize. We continue to play. Raina took dare and we dare her to put firecrackers where Aazim was sitting in the backyard on the picnic table. The look on his face was priceless as he started to run here and there while firecrackers were booming. When it was my turn I choose truth.

"What are your wishes?" Adila asked me. I looked at her with a nervous look. I don't want to tell anyone about my wishes or dreams. They all are vanished and they didn't mean anything to me now.

"Nothing." I shrugged, looking straight in her eyes that wasn't a lie or maybe it was but now I had no wishes.

"Liar." Raina and Habiba say at the same time. I sighed and shake my head.

"I am not lying. I am telling the truth. I had no wishes after whatever happened." I say and stiffen when I realise what I just say. I nervously look the confusion and their faces. None of them know what had happened to me, but only Hadi, Sheila Aunty and Sara Aunty who came with Sheila Aunty when Hadi wasn't picking up his phone.

"What you mean by that? What happened with you?" Adila asked with a look that scare me. I quickly shake my head, but all three of them give me a glare and I sigh knowing I couldn't lie to them anymore. I close my eyes and started to tell everything. Everything from start to finish. Everything that Karim do with me. That Karim, who I used to love before he killed the reason to live my life.

Hadi

"I don't know what you are talking about Mom." I say and again close my eyes, thinking she change the topic but she didn't. She make me sit up and look at me deeply.
"Tell me honestly Hadi. Do you like her? Do you feel anything for her?" She asked me again. I sigh and look away from her.
"Why you are asking it all of a sudden? Did someone show you anything?" I asked her suspiciously. If Aazim showed Mom that picture I am going to kill him. Not really, but I will go to make him pay for his mistake.

"No why? Is there is something I need to see or know?" I swallow and tell her what happened today. I had never lied to her about anything before and I can't lie now.
"I don't know Mom what it is. I just know that I want to see her happy and want her safe. Do you think this all is wrong?" I asked her nervously. I don't know why, but I feel that this all is wrong. I feel that my closeness and friendship with Zaina get her in danger.
"If you asked me no, there is nothing wrong. You just want to help her and to see her happy. Many people think like this in friendship. It is not like or anything. It is just that you want your friend to be happy."

"Then why I am feeling that this is all wrong? And how do you know my unknown feeling for her?" I asked her confused. She smiled at me.
"I saw the look you were giving to her and because you think that if her husband know about your friendship with her he will find her and do that again with her, but you know why I believe that he can't do that again?" She asked me after she told me why I feel that wrong. Maybe she was right. Somewhere deep inside I have a fear that if her husband find her again, then he will hurt her.
"No." I asked her frowning. Why she believe that he can't do anything again.

"Because now Zaina had you, me and everyone here. I know you never let anyone hurt her or take her away again. Promise me Hadi that you will take care of her, you won't let her husband take her away. She suffered a lot and I don't want her to go through all that again." Her eyes turned glossy and I saw her love for Zaina in that. I nodded and held her hand in mine.

"I promise Mom that I will do everything to protect her and to get her husband behind the bars." I promise her and myself.