Chapter 7

It has been two weeks since we get back from our vacations in Hawaii. After getting back Karim is very sweet toward me. Sometimes he take me out for dinner, bring me gifts or take me to my parent house. Speaking of my parent I was surprised to see how beautifully they renovate the whole house. From outside they painted in dark brown and from inside it was in cream color. Dad and Mom paint their room in yellow. Fariha room painted in pink and Ariz was in green. They changed all furniture of living room and replaced it with some big couches. I don't know from where they got money to do everything.

Mom, Dad told me they were happy and they will pay all loans that they had to before this year end. I want to ask so many questions but I don't know how? What they will think of me when I asked them about change. Ariz also told me he heard Dad talking to someone on phone that money is transferred in his bank account.

"Zaina, today is your first day at your job. What time should I take you?" Karim voice break my thoughts. I looked up from my breakfast to him.

"Um... I don't know. They told me that my shift starts at 12" I said and shrugged before going back to finish my breakfast.

"We will leave at 10:30 because it was an hour drive and you also get know where is your duty" He says and sighed heavily. I nodded.

I apply for job and 2 days ago I got a call saying I could join from today. I applied as a nurse. It paid me well and I can support my family. Today Karim take off from his office and say he will drop me and pick me on my first day. When it was 10:30 I was ready and Karim also. We sit in his car and drove off. I was nervous to meet other people because I was never a socialize to anyone. Karim aasured me I will be okay. I am glad he is with me.

When we reach there Karim stop in front and wish me luck before telling me to go. I get out and walk inside. I told receptionist why I am here and she take me to a room where other nurses was.

"Hi, I am Amna and I am head here. I give duties to all nurses." A girl says with white hijab, smiling at me.

"I am Zaina. I am new here." I says politely and smile. She give me my uniform and told me I have duties on 2 floor before she tell others. I changed into uniform and go on my duties.

When I get on second floor I saw few nurses walking here and there. I tried to talk someone but they walked past me.

"Are you new here?" A soft voice asked behind me. I turned around and nodded slowly. I looked her up and down and realise she is also a nurse.

"My name is Zaina and today is my first day. I don't know in which room I had to go." I told her slightly embarrassed. She smiled and give me sign to follow her and I do.

"Don't worry. It is your first day. Well, I am Zeba but everyone call me Zee. You had duties with me." She says and walk in a room and I follow her. There were two patients. She give me board and told me to check blood pressure and give some injections. I do as she says. Like this my first day goes.

By the end of the day Zeba and I became very good friends. She take me to lunch room where we drank our coffee and take some rest. She show me hospital and told me where will be my duties this whole week. She says it will be changing every week but I don't have to worry because she is guiding me from now.

When my shift was over, I changed my cloths and walk out of building. I saw Karim parking his car. I went toward the car and open it before he could get out and lock it. He look at me shocked before sighing in relief. I smirked at his scared face. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"You scared me." He says glaring but I shrugged not caring.

"You should know me by now. I am like this." I say smiling innocently. He fake glare but smile a bit.

"How was your first day?" He asked driving back at home. I sigh and leaned back on seat.

"Tiring. I gave injections, check sugar level, blood pressure. My new friend guide me." I told him closing my eyes. I could feel him nodding.

"So you made friends?" He asked. I nodded and smile when Zeba asked to become friends.

"Yeah. Her name is Zeba. She is sweet and polite. She helped me a lot and from now I will be with her as her helper." I told him and open my eyes to look at him. I saw him nervous about something. It is weird to see him like this.

"What happened?" I asked softly running my hands to his hairs. He sighed and leaned into my hands making me smile.

"I will ask you something and answer me honestly. Don't think I have any doubt on you." He says seriously causing my smile to faded. I sat straight and look at him.

"What?" I asked curiously. He take a deep breath before he continue.

"Did you meet any guy in hospital as employ or as a patient?" He asked glancing at me. I looked at him with blank face. What type of questions is that?

"What you mean by that?" I asked him confused.

"Listen Zaina, I love you so much and I can't see you leaving me for someone. I know I am sounding like a possessive husband but that is how I am. I hate when someone try to take what is mine. I am just afraid if someone took you away from me." What the hell? Why he suddenly became possessive?

"Karim, I will never leave you for any other person. You are only one who I love. I don't know why you suddenly think like that but I am all yours. No one ever take me away from you." I say softly. He smiled and I saw his relax face.

"I know but I am always like this. Never in my life I get love by someone and when I do I don't want that person to go away." He admit with a soft look at me. I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"From now, whoever you love never leave you. I promise." He smiled and kissed my hands. After few minutes we stop in front of our house. After dinner we went in our room to get some sleep. I saw Karim sleeping peacefully beside me with his hands on my waist. I couldn't help but think about what Karim say few hours ago.

Why did he think I will leave him? I love him and I never do anything to hurt him. I am not that type of person who love someone and after that leave them like they don't care about them. I have to know what happened that make Karim think like that. I will ask him when he was in good mood. With that promise I fall asleep.