{Prologue}

Can you hear that? Can you hear it? The bells? Can you hear them? There coming. Didn't you know that today's the day? The day that they hunt me down. Will you come save me? Protect me from them? From the abuse? Beatings? Nightmares? The shadows? My own sanity? But better yet, save me from the one day that scares me, kills me, makes my only happy self disappear...my birthday. Yes, the very same day that I was born was the very same day that Kurama; the nine tailed fox demon, had attacked Konohagakure, the leaf village hidden in the leaves. It so happens that the people of said village hates me for being its host, its container. Running never helped me and neither did the ones that saw me, but not Kyuubi. Save me. Please.

Every year on October 10th, a little boy that, was really a girl, couldn't be anymore happier, Why? Well because it was that little boy's birthday of course! He went from four to five and is heading to a small ramen shop called 'Ichiraku' to have his birthday meal. 'Finally, after saving all that money, I can have my birthday meal at my favorite place.' thought the five year old, walking towards the ramen noodle shop. "Well hello Naruto, how is your day?" asked Ayame, Teuchis daughter. With a smile and a small giggle the little boy says, "Great. Today's my birthday." Ayame smile widens even more, if that's even possible, and says, "Well, Naruto, Happy birthday! Your meal is on the house." the little boy couldn't believe his ears, on what was just said. Said little boy didn't know how to thank Ayame so he, ignoring the protest from Ayame and Teuchi, had paid for the meal and was grateful for the meal, of course anybody that loves ramen couldn't resist it's wonderful taste. "Arigatou for the meal, Ayame-san and Teuchi-san." said a content blond whiskered boy who, with a smile, left Ichiraku to head home for a wonderful nap, considering that it was dark outside and the village was flooded with drunken shinobi/villagers, and smiling families celebrating the day Kyuubi was defeated by the Fourth Hokage five years ago. Still smiling the said five year old ignored the stares and bee lined through the crowd to only hear an angry voice shout, "What are you smiling at demon?!"