School- Luke

Hey! I've had this for a while, but I kinda forgot about it. Here it is xx

Luke's POV

My alarm went off at 7 AM on Monday morning, just like it does every weekday. I forced my eyes open and stared at the cream ceiling of my room for a few minutes. I could feel my throat itching, and I felt a little hot.

As I dragged myself from the bed I could feel my pyjamas sticking to me slightly, so I took my shower and dressed myself in my school uniform as quickly as I could. As I was tying my tie, I began to cough. Each hack went on rampage through my chest, shaking my whole body until I could no longer stand.

I leaned against the wall and attempted to get my breath back, still trembling. I finally caught a break and stood carefully, exiting my room and making my way down the stairs.

"Hurry up, Luke. You're going to be late! What on earth took you so long?" I hear my dad shout from the kitchen. As I enter, I see the rest of my family already sat at the table, eating breakfast.

"Don't shout Andrew," mum rolls her eyes and glances over to me,"Are you okay, sweetie? You look a bit pale."

"F-fine mum, I'm fine," I can hear my voice squeaking as I try to speak normally.

"Aw, is little Lukey sick?" Ben teases.

"Trying to be a big boy? Or do you just want to go to school to play tig (lol sorry that might just be me being horrendously English, I know the rest of the world calls it tag)with your friends?" Jack adds, and he high fives my other brother. My bottom lip wobbles, and I have to try my hardest not to cry. I have a big dissection in Biology today, and Michael even promised to turn up to be my partner. I think Calum was going to bring snacks for afterwards too. Mum knows this, so I'm pretty sure she'll let me go.

I manage a full slice of toast and half a glass of orange juice, but it stings my throat. Dad, Ben and Jack leave together, so it's just me and mum. She engulfs me in a hug, and I yet again have to stop myself from crying. It hurts so bad.

"Sweetie, if you want to come home at all, go to the office and I'll come pick you up as soon as I can, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"I'm teaching at Richmond today, so if I see Ash I'll tell him to call round at lunch to see you and the boys, okay?"

"Okay."

"Have a good day!"

"Bye!" I yell as I leave the house. This is going to be a long day, but at least I might get to see Ash later.

-

*skip to them at school*

"Hey! Luke! We're over here!" I hear Calum shouting me, and it makes my head pound. I walk over to Cal and Mike, tears in my eyes.

"I'm sick, I don't want to do the dissection," I blurt out, a few tears escaping my tired eyes.

"Hey, hey, calm down," Michael hugs me tight, "You're partnering with me anyway, if you wanna stop I'll talk to the teacher, okay?"

I nod and Calum wipes away my tears.

During the dissection, I start to feel a little queasy, just as I'm cutting some random bit of rat into quarters for Michael to look at.

"Uhhh... Mikey?" I don't fully trust myself to open my mouth.

"Yeah?"

I look down at the rat again, gagging harshly, and my body lurches forward.