Road Trip- ❄️

This was requested, but I'm stupid and forgot who by and can't find the original request...
I'm so sorry. If this is yours, tell me and I'll edit it in. xx

Ashton's POV:

Road trips are my absolute favourite.

So, this Christmas, I made the suggestion of going on a road trip at the edge of the outback with the rest of the boys. It was Christmas Day, and we'd just stopped to eat the very warm turkey sandwiches Mum made for our dinner today. We all gulped them down, laughing in the very warm weather, with our very warm turkey and our tiny amounts of very warm wine.

Everything was fine until we started driving again.

Calum sat in the back seat with Michael while Luke sat in the passenger seat and I drove. We were completely fine. Well, me, Michael and Luke were.

We'd been driving for around thirty minutes when our laughter started to die off and suddenly the great atmosphere fades away. After a few more moments of silence, Calum speaks up. "Ashtonnn?"

"Yes?"  I sigh reluctantly.

"I'm dizzyyyyy."

"Maybe you shouldn't have had so much wine," I suggest, spotting a lay-by and indicating to pull over.

"I'm not drunk, just..." He thinks for a minute as I put the brakes on in the lay-by.

"Just what?" Michael doesn't look up from his phone.

"I'm gonna be sick," Calum monotones, unbuckling his belt and pushing the door open, tumbling into the dusty ground as his shoulder collides with the curb. He scrambles to his feet and awkwardly runs across the brown grass to a shady spot behind a dying tree.

"I'll go," Luke sighs defeated lay, carefully letting himself out of the car and walking sluggishly across the parched land. Michael and I follow him, but stop just in the edge of the grass while Luke goes behind the tree to comfort Calum. Mike screws the top off of his water bottle and splashes a little bit on the crunching brown grass, looking expectant, as if the wet patch would suddenly burst into colour, returning to its former life. No such miracle took place; Michael looked disappointed and I chuckle at his childishness, before spotting Luke and Calum.

Luke is supporting most of Calum's weight, face screwed up in effort. We help him dump a passed-out Calum in the front seat, strapping him in and shutting the door, before resuming their slightly altered places inside the car. "He's pretty sick," Luke thought for a second. "Let's go home."