Big Brother

^actual picture I took at SLFL

@nomi61 requested this and I thought this sounded very cute
Sorry for any inaccurate descriptions of sibling behaviour. #growingupanonlychild
xx

Ashton's POV:

"Ash!... Ash!" Harry poked me enthusiastically as I lay in an attempt to sleep.

"Wake up, Mum just left," Lauren whispered in a calming tone. I rolled over onto my back, groaning quietly.

"Go watch some TV or something, I'll be down to make lunch in ten," I say tiredly, checking the garish numbers of the bright digital clock beside me. The light made my head ache; I didn't have time for this today.  My siblings scurry of and I slowly haul myself out of bed. I pull on a pair of sweatpants and an old shirt that I found on the floor, then shuffled out of my room in my worn batman socks. About halfway down the corridor, I had to stop. My head was spinning by this point; I was terrified of passing out and hitting my head. Leaning against a wall for a few seconds, I exhaled deeply, frolicking in the joy of rest when a voice startled me.

"You okay there?" The voice came from a few feet behind me and I turned comically to see her stood in the doorframe of her bedroom. She took a few steps closer and placed her hand on my forehead, feeling for excess heat. "You're paler than usual... Warmer too..."

Now that I thought about it, my nose was a bit blocked up and my throat was scratchy beyond belief. "I'm tired. I think I might be sick. Let me sleep, Lauren!" I pleaded. Bed sounded nicer than anything else right now.

"Come sit downstairs. I'm not sitting with him for three hours in my own," she began to walk away.

"Him?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Harry. Fricking dork," and with that, she took off down the stairs with her arms folded across her chest.

It was the beginning of my downfall.

-

Around half an hour later, I was sat, wrapped in approximately 17 blankets and pretending to enjoy an awful cup of coffee that Harry had made me in attempt to help me recover. It was a sweet gesture, but the coffee was bitter.

"Ash? You look worse than earlier ," Harry watched as I placed my barely touched mug back on the coaster. I whimpered in response.

"You must be really sick of you can't finish your coffee," Lauren smirked at me, sarcasm dripping from every word she spoke. She herself had experienced Harry's coffees before, and knew the full extent of their awfulness. I tried to poke my tongue out at her but sent myself accidentally into a frenzy of coughs.  "I might call one of your stupid band mates to deal with you. I can't be bothered. Snapchat is calling for my OOTD."

Just as she brought the phone to her ear, I butted in to stop her. "This isn't an excuse for you to call Mikey in because you have a crush on him."

"Dang it! That was a really good plan, though. "

"Fair play, it was."

We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes while I swilled the brown liquid around in the mug. Coughs fought their way up my throat until I was choking on air. I hacked and shook; the lukewarm coffee spilt over a few of my blankets and I saw a vague, slightly blurred Lauren come to remove the cup from my hands.

My siblings rubbed circles on my back and patted my arms to try and soothe me, but it was quite a while until I could breathe clearly again. When that time came, Harry wiped some strings of spit from my chin.

"C-can I go to bed?" I croaked weakly.

The other two laughed and nodded vigorously, probably just because they didn't want to catch this terrible plague. And so, that was exactly what I did.