Tree Time! -❄️

For @personyoudontknow1
This is the first time writing in this style, so constructive criticism is welcome.
xx

Luke was laid on the sofa with a bag of crisps in one hand on his stomach, and his other arm was draped off the side in an awkward position. An re-run of all the Christmas Friends episodes was on the TV, and you could see Holiday Armidillo dancing around on the screen. You sat on the sofa in the tiny space you could find near his head for a while, stroking his head and playing with the curls you sought out at the base of his neck. He groaned a bit so you giggled quietly, covering your mouth with your free hand.

"Awake yet?" You whispered in his ear.

"Uh-huh... 'M still sore, hun. Help me up?" He still had his eyes closed, and his arm was waving around trying to find his bag of crisps.

"Lazy! C'mon, get your ass up and help me get this tree inside!" You say, standing up and leaving the room. Luke had come back from Michael and Ashton's flat earlier that afternoon with sore arms from jamming out on guitar too hard and trying to play the drum kit in the front room. You had decided while he was out that you two would put up the tree in the evening and texted him. When he got home, Luke complained and eventually fell asleep with his food, so you left him with the TV for a while while you dragged Calum out to get the tree with you.

Eventually, Luke fell ungraciously into a heap on the floor and hauled himself up to a standing position.

"Come on, let's get this over with," he grumbled, obviously unhappy about being pulled from his sleeping state. You huff quietly, a little frustrated that he isn't being as enthusiastic about this as you hoped he would be.

The two of you pulled your fresh tree from the back of your car and into the front room, panting as it's surprising weight bore down on you both. You stepped aside to leave him to slot it in the brace, almost like a punishment for being so lazy. He had been struggling with it for a few minutes when you began laughing at him, not noticing the pained expression on his face.

"H-help me..." He groaned and staggered back a little. You laughed harder and wrapped your arms around the tree, helping to pull it from his slipping grasp. He let go completely, shutting his eyes and sighing in relief. You had completely underestimated the weight of the tree, accidentally dropping it right on top of him. Luke yelped in fear as he crumpled to the floor, crushed by the tree. You grabbed his arm and staggered backwards, dragging him out from underneath the greenery.

"My arm!" He raised his right arm. It was bent slightly, but the wrong way. "Y/N it hurts!" Tears were falling down his cheeks rapidly and there was blood starting to seep out of a small patch he had grazed on his forehead.

"I'm sorry, babe. Let's go to the hospital, yeah?" You strokes his hair as he used his intact arm to push himself up. He was a mess, but he was your mess.