Christmas Party- ❄️

I'm really sorry this is so late
Feel free to get angry at me
For @Harry_styles_4_life_
xx

Maddie's POV:

It was Christmas time, so I decided to take my boyfriend (and consequently the rest of his band) up to the lovely lodge cabin in the woods where my parents took me as a child. The walls of the cabin were decorated in off cuts of fir trees laced with tinsel and sparkly red, green and gold ribbon. A large wreath hung in the door proudly, but it was so large that when I tried to unlock the door I had to lean back a bit.

That night we were to have a party with a few of my friends in the area and a few distant cousins I hadn't seen in years. It was about half an hour into this spontaneous reunion when Luke padded slowly across the room from the designated "5sos corner" with a solemn expression. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around his waist, but I could feel heat radiating off of his body. "You okay, buddy?" I giggled and tipped my head right back to see his face.

"Not feelin' good," he mumbled sleepily.

"What's not right?" I turned around in his rapidly loosening grip to bury my face into his chest.

"Throat. Head. 'M cold. Achy... Everything basically," he sniffed pathetically.

"Sweetie, why don't you go up to bed?" I run my finger over his cheekbone.

"Don't wanna be alone. I think I'm too awake to sleep," Luke sighs defeatedly.

"I'll start sending people home and we can sit and watch a movie with the other boys when they're gone, 'kay?"

"Sounds good," he traipsed back off to the "5sos corner" without another word, collapsing straight into Calum's lap rather than just asking him for the seat. I started telling people that it was best they leave, and gradually the crowed eased off.

Once it was just the five of us, I grabbed a secret stash of blankets from the airing cupboard and threw them into the sofa. Then I looked in the TV cabinet for a movie, eventually settling on an old video tape of The Lion King to play on the VCR. Travelling back through the kitchen to the "5sos corner" I put my hands in my hips defiantly.

"Coming?" I asked the boys. They all nodded lazily, and I got the message that Luke had told them he felt ill. We eventually settled on the sofa with lots of leftover party food and warm hot chocolate. Luke may be sick, but this was fun, and I wouldn't have it any other way.