Migraine- Luke

This is a great request from MikerowavesBabe ! I like doing requests, because otherwise I have no idea what the hell I'm going to write about.
(Btw, ik there isn't much Calum stuff in this book, so I'm writing one atm for all you Calum Girls!)  xx

Luke's POV:

My noisy alarm clock unnecessarily set itself off, vibrating over the edge of the table and onto the floor, landing and smashing with a loud crash. The series of incredibly loud sounds pierced my skull and sent sparks of pain flying around my head. Another migraine. Fantastic.

Today won't be too bad, though. We're not doing anything until the show tonight and that means that I can lie in bed cuddling Pengy pretty much all day. Good times. I attempt to pry my eyes open, but I'm met with the blinding pain of too may bright hotel room lights, so I burrow as quickly as possible back into my bed hibernation centre, which I had expertly fashioned overnight. Clamping my eyes shut, I can hear the door to my room being unlocked and pushed open. Please, someone tell me why I let Ashton have my spare room key. Oh, that's right, I didn't. He fucking took it.

"Lukey? Are you up? We texted you like 5 times. It's 2 PM..." Ashton looks around the small entrancey-hallwayey bit at the entrance. "Luke?"

"Stop shouting!" I whisper, just loud enough for Ash to hear me from where he's stood. His over-the-top-loud voice crushes my head.

"Lukey, awwww... I'm speaking normally... Migraine?" I peek over the top of the sheets to see him but instantly hide again as the light burns me from the outside in.

"ASHTON! HURRY UP! WE HAVEN'T GOT ALL FUCKING DAY!" Michael storms in, followed by a bored looking Calum. I want to cry.

"Guys, I think Luke's sick. We're not going out." Ash pats my head. "Lemme text Bryana and tell her we're not coming. I'll see her after th-"

"No, you're going out. Go see your girlfriend, you can't cancel on her just because my head hurts a bit," I flip over so he can't see my face. I feel a bit bad for snapping, but I just want him to leave me alone.

"Luke, we're not leaving you al-" Calum starts.

"Shut up! Go away! I don't want your help!" I pull another pillow over my head and hold it there tightly so I can't hear their protests. My eyes brim with tears and pain rips through my head. The door shuts with a loud slam that pushes me over the edge, tears spilling down my face, even within the tight confines of my pillow.

I lay in a bath of my own misery for the next few hours, attempting to bask in the tiny amounts of sunlight that stream through the window. Eventually, there's a knock on the door, so I drag myself up and lazily unlock it, leaning against the wall. In front of me, Ashton stands with his arm thrown around Bryana's shoulder, who stands next to him, giggling profusely.

"Time to get ready for the show. You okay to do it?" Ashton cocks his head to one side and Bryana reaches up, twirling a lock of his hair around her finger.

"I'm fine... Just..." The room spins, I slide down the wall and stick my head between my shaking knees. "I'll be there in... 15 minutes."

"'Kay. You need a hand up?" I can't believe he's still being nice after this morning.

"No. I'm fine."

"Fine. Be like that!" Ashton slams the door. God, I'm stupid.

-
*time skip to while they're on stage bc I can't think of stuff to put in between*

"Luke, it's your turn to talk!" Calum stretches his arm out to point at me.

My head spins, my vision blurs. I start to feel sick because the pain in my head is far too much for me. I gulp and put one hand on my forehead. I can't keep standing for much longer. An all too familiar tingling sensation washes over my whole body, slowly numbing me. I grab the mic stand, lean my head forward and groan.

"Luke? What are you doing? It's li-" Michael is laughing and pointing, thinking it's all some joke. I make another incoherent noise, but then everything goes black, and the last thing I feel is my body coming into contact with the hard stage.

-

I was awoken on an uncomfortable tour bus bunk by a few speed bumps. The curtain was open and Michael was sat on a stool, scrolling through his Twitter. Ashton's lying in his bunk, directly opposite from me, giggling whilst having a phone conversation. Calum is doing "Ashton's Mating Call" in the cramped hallway, snickering at the long-distance conversation that has been going on for god knows how long.

"I'll let you sleep. It's getting late, I have a shoot tomorrow at dawn," I hear a female voice on the other end.

"Bye, sleep well. Love you babe!" Ashton giggles and shuts off the line, rolling over to face the rest of the band, cheeks flushed and eyes dreamy. I cough and sit up, all six other eyes in the 'room' turning to my weak frame.

"You're awake," Ashton's eyes go flat, and the love-drunk colour drains from his cheeks. "I'm going to sleep."

He flips back over, and I realise that this is because I was so rude earlier. I'm pretty sure he hates me. Michael and Calum are looking steely too, and I'm rather confident that it's for the same reason. "I'm sorry guys. I was rude earlier and-" the bus takes a sharp left, causing me to hit my head on the wall. It hurts so much, I burst straight into tears.

"C'mon, let's go to the back. Watch a movie. Get you some medicine," Michael and Calum pull me carefully from my bunk and lift me down the narrow hall. I'm laid on the sofa, tears still falling, and look up at the slightly blurred figures that look ominously above me. They don't mean any harm, but they look kinda meanacing, piercings and tattoos blending them into scary men. They are possibly the world's most terrifying baby animals. Ever.

The sofa dips. Ashton pats my shoulder and whispers. "I forgive you penguin."

Hmmmmm I couldn't wait to post this one x