Chapter 7: School Shopping

"Rose please do not run off without me. We will get there in no time at all." Snape says stepping out of the fire place at the leaky cauldron.  He curly nodded to the old. Wizard sitting at the bar and walked over to a bouncing 11 year old Rose.

"Come along. Merlin Rose this isn't your first time you've been here!" He yelled as she ran to the brick wall. When he got there she held out her hand.

He handed his wand to her as she tapped the brick 3 up and 2 to the right of the dustbin to get into Diagon Ally. She hands him back his wand with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"By the end of the day you'll have a wand of your own. Now where would you like to start?" She ran to Madam Malkins Robes For All Occasions and pointed at her purple robes.

" God I hate that women." Snape says as he enters in and explains what Rose needs. He has to resist the urge to hex that women when she poked  Rose with a pin on accident.

They walk out of the store together with a bag full of fitted Hogwarts robes and then head off to Olivanders. Rose had used his wand numerous times but had never had her own.

She bounced with glee and they neared the shop. The smell of dust and aging parchment hit they're noses as they entered. Olivanders him self then freed himself from a pile of wands holding several in his arms.

When he saw Snape we jumped dropping the heap of wands. With reflexes of steal Snape pulls out his wand and stops the boxes from hitting the floor and has them stack themselves neatly onto the near by table.

"Why yes thank you Severus." The old wand maker shakily whispered.

"I require a want for Rose here." Snape said as pleasantly as he could muster, because even though he didn't like many people, Olivander did earn his respect.

"Ah yes young lady, going off to Hogwarts this year, yes good. Let's see." He started to shuffle through the piles of wands, then climbing up a ladder.

"Try this one my dear, give it a flick. Go on. "  Olivander looked to Rose as she stood staring at the wand. She shook her head ever so lightly, she had been waiting for this moment for so long but the feeling of the wand, it didn't feel right.

She reluctantly gave the wand a flick, and nothing happened. She returned it to its box and Olivander took it away. This time he pulls a wand out front the bottom of the pile he was carrying when they came in. Nothing.

Three more wands, and nothing happened. Maybe I'm not a wizard after all she thought miserably.

"Come on Olivander! Don't you have something back there!" Snape walked out of the door way and toward a wall of wands frantically pulling out wands.

She could see. She couldn't find a wand. She would have to leave this awesome world. She was just a useless muggle. She pushed open the door and ran outside into the street.