Chapter 19: They Shine For You

"Um, Rose. What are you doing?" Hermione asked startling Rose out of her sleep so She fell down onto Hermione who was laying in bed.

"Why are you sleeping above my bed instead of yours?" Hermione laughed pushing Rose off the bed. Rose wrote out a quick note.

All the beds look the same in the dark

That just made her laughter harder. Both of them where wheezing on the floor until Lavender came in and told them to get it together.

"That reminds me Rose, I've got something for you." Hermione said as she reaches to the bottom of her trunk and pulls out a dragon hide book. She opens in and shows me the crisp white parchment on the inside.

"So I know there are times when you really need to say something so I though you could use this." She blushed. Rose hugged her and took it gingerly from her hands.

"Alright well we best be off now. Don't want to miss breakfast." Hermione quickly said still blushing furiously.

They met Harry and Ron in the main hall and Rose showed them what Hermione got her, then they all walked to class together. After lunch they all wait around in the common room for dinner, since they're next class was astronomy.

"You all should really do your homework." Hermione would say doing the transfiguration homework in front of the fire. They would all nod and look at our laid out assignments. Then go back to sitting on the couch.

Rose did manage to finish her charms essay that was due tomorrow, but then slumped back down on the couch. Neville was talking and Rose was half listening while Harry was losing terribly to Ron at wizarding chess.

"Well then." Hermione said loudly. "I'm done with all the homework we have. And just in time too. Move your lazy arses you lot. Let's go down to eat." At the mention of food Ron jumped up knocking the chess game over and ran past Hermione.

Harry, Neville and Rose walked behind them slowly. Taking their time. You could see Ron pulling Hermione behind him trying to reach supper as fast as he could.

"I'm glad to see Ron is warming up to Hermione. Didn't like her that much when we first met, but now they're friends. Good thing too." Neville laughed and Rose nodded her head in agreement.

Dinner was great and they talked about what they would be doing that night in astronomy. Of corse Hermione had already read several book on the subject and was very excited. She started to recite the things she had found to Rose who was the only one willing to listen.

Then they started to make their way up to the astronomy tower. Climbing up the latter one at a time Rose was the first to come up to the top. There was already a number of students up there, all gazing at the sky.

Rose looked up. Hundreds of stars littered the night sky. Beautiful. No smog or fog to cover them up they were all there. All in their beautiful glory. It was, amazing. Wow.