Chapter 27: A Troll In The Dungeons

Halloween had arrived at Hogwarts. Every one was getting exited for October 31st. Peeves was also getting into the mood by dropping dung bombs on the younger students. Ron was hit by one on his way to charms class Halloween day. When he arrived he was not in a good mood.

They were being taught how to make things float. The spell was Wingardium Leviosa and they were supposed to be able to lift up their feathers perfectly by now. Last time no one could get it except Hermione, and Seamus blew his up.

No one had bothered to actually study, even Hermione because she had perfected it, so naturally nobody else could get it. Hermione even tried to help Ron.

"Swish and flick. you have to say it correctly is Wingardium Leviosa not Wingardium Leviosu. You must say it correctly or you'll take some ones eye out." Hermione sighed clearly seeing Ron was no closer to getting his feather to float.

As we left charms class Ron was grumbling and mumbling the whole way to the feast. Usually just the thought of a feast would cheer Ron up but he was in a unshakable temper over his whole bad day.

Rose and Hermione walked not to far behind them because professor Flitwick was complimenting Hermione on her work in class. As they walked they could hear everything the boys where saying. Then they Rose and Hermione heard something awful.

"Who does she think she is? It's Wingardium Leviosa not Wingardium Leviosu! Why does she always have to be such a know it all." Ron whispered to Harry.

"Well if that's how you feel then I guess I'll just go then huh." Hermione said loudly. The boys turned around guiltily. Hermione ran off with her face in her hands. Roe walked up to Ron and slapped him. then she too ran off to go find Hermione.

She soon ran into Lavender who told her Hermione was crying in the laboratory in the dungeons. Rose hurried there and found where Hermione was sitting in the corner crying. Rose walked over to her and sat next to her.

Rose couldn't say anything, but she felt like they didn't need words at the moment. Rose and Hermione sat there, on the laboratory floor, Rose holding Hermione while she cried.

After some time Hermione died her tears and gave Rose a weak smile. Hunger getting the best of both of them they washed up in the sink and walked out the door. But something stopped them in their tracks.

A gigantic troll was lumbering toward them stupidly. It hadn't seen them yet so they rushed back into the bathroom and climbed into separate stalls to hold their breaths. Then he bloody big thing wandered into the bathroom. It's odor enough to knock you out.

The door and their only means of escape closed and locked. That's when it turned it's ugly squashed head towards them. Hermione gave out a terrified scream.