Chapter 10: Unexpected Friends

Now all she had to do was find someone to sit with. There was no pressure there. She wandered down the isles until she found a compartment with some people in it.

"What the heck do you want?" Draco yelled out the door. Rose opened it and he felt bad.

"Oh, Rose. Come sit." He nodded to her. The compartment only had himself, Crabb, Goyle, and Pansy. Rose smiled gratefully and sat next to Pansy who looked at her through the corner of her eyes.

Him and Rose had been playmates since they where little. Snape would often bring her over when he had things to do. Over the numerous years they had become good friends. He fretted that he was her only friend.

"Alright you lot. This is Rose. She can't speak but she's friends with me so you best be nice to her." Draco said then went back to looking bored. Rose smiled shyly.

"Well whatever. I'm Pansy. How come you can't talk?" She flipped her long hair and looked at Rose impatiently.

Rose looked at her with shock again. Then Rose just shrugged. But I really need some friends she thought. Rose smiled warmly.

"I like you. We're going to be friends, got it?" Pansy demanded. Rose shook her head vigorously in response. Pansy laughed.

"Hey, so if you can't talk, then how can you understand us?" Goyle asked smirking. She didn't know what to say so she ignored him.

"Ya, ya, if you can't talk then what are you?" Crabb joined in.

"Now are you too dumb to understand us?" Goyle laughted.

"Alright that's enough you big dumb apes." Draco hissed at his cronies.

"The only dumb ape in here is her. Can she even do magic? Where's her wand?" Crabb continued. Rose was looking down. Tears where at the brim of her eyes, but she wanted to something much worse to them than cry.

"Let's see your wand then huh." Crabb yelled at her. She then stood up, enraged and stuck her hand in her pocket. They looked at her expectantly. She then pulled out nothing.

They looked up at her confused. She pointed to Goyle and raised her hand to the sky. He was sent rocketing upward, bonked his head on the ceiling, then he fell back into his seat.

"What the bloody hell Rose!?" Draco was yelling. But she couldn't just stop. A strange part of her thought this was fun. And that part sickened her more.

She turned to Crabb. She did the same motion to him but this time his boxers came up into a painful wedgy. Draco looked at her in horror. She turned to leave but she heard Pansy yell to her. She turned and too her astonishment Pansy was holding out her fist.

"That was bloody wicked that there. I'll be seeing you around." She fist bumped with her and Rose smiled she then ran out and locked herself in the laboratory to think about what had just happened. She had already made one friend, and two enemies.