Chapter 38: Presents

So I'm trying something new and going a little away from the books with this one. I've always loved the head cannons where they used muggle solutions for magic problems, so I'll probably be subtlety incorporating more of the muggle world into the story. Please let me know what you think!
__________________________

Christmas morning came quickly to Hogwarts. Everyone in Roses dorm had gone home so she got to have the whole place to her self. Rose woke up so excited she fell out of the air, but quickly recovered went to the foot of her bed to see what she had gotten. There was quite a few presents and she quickly grabbed the first one off the pile.

It was from Hermione. She set aside the card and opened the present. Inside was a party sized bag of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, then a bag of 24 sticks. Rose decided to open the card hoping it would explain the weird things in her gift.

Dear Rose, Merry Christmas! I hope you are having a wonderful time at school! I assume you are wonder what on earth I gave you. Since you don't know much about the muggle world where I came from I'll explain pens. Pens are like inkwells and quills in one. No dipping! Just take the cap off the tip and try writing. I figure it would be easier if you wanted to say something quick you wouldn't need to pull out an ink bottle and quill. Try it out! Your Friend Hermione.

Rose's breath in took. There was no way. She pulled out her journal and tried to writing on her notebook. Nothing happened at first, but then she remembered to take off the cap and sure enough Ink flowed out of the tip. Spectacular!

Rose opened up Harry and Ron and weirdly Draco and Pansy's gifts of loads of candies and chocolates, including her favorites the sugar quills. Then she looked down to the last present from Sev. Rose carefully pealed back the gold wrapping on the small square gift. Inside was a gold snake with red ruby eyes. It was kind of perfect.

Rose pulled it out of it's box and genitally clipped it around her neck. It hung low down her pajama shirt. Rose smiled and unwrapped a chocolate frog, while floating upward and rolling around in the warmth of Christmas. Rose stayed like that with her eyes closed for a few minutes before she sunk down and started to get dressed to go meet Harry and Ron.

Rose went down stairs to see that they hadn't come down yet. She was about to go up there and see what was taking them so long when George and Fred jumped in front of her.

"Happy Christmas!" They said in unison. They were wearing large sweaters with an F and a G on them. They pulled out a large wrapped package and gave it to her. Rose sat down and opened it lightly. Inside was a light pink sweater with a large red R in the middle.

"Our mum always makes sweaters for us and our friends. Ron got Harry one, Fred's pick is always Lee, so I thought you might like one Rosie." George said looking away. Rose pulled it on over her head and hugged George and Fred. Harry and Ron then came down sporting sweaters of their own. They all laughed at each others sweaters and headed down to breakfast.