Chapter 25: Wizard Duel

Detention went pretty smoothly. Pansy and Rose only had to sort the remaining jars in Sev's office, a job they both enjoyed. Sev gave Rose a talking to about being safe and what not and that she had to be careful they could have wound up in the locked room on the third floor.

By the time she got back to the common room she saw Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Neville all standing outside the door. Rose walked up and  waved. Then she cocked her head at Hermione.

"I'll explain on the way, but we have to go Neville, so you better come with us. I still don't approve." Hermione said. We all briskly walked down the halls on look out for teachers.

"Harry was challenged to a wizard duel in the trophy room by Malfoy at midnight. He insists we go, and it starts at midnight." Hermione explained with a scowl.

"Malfoy was trying to make fun of the fact that I got in trouble but thenI told him how I actully got on the quidditch team and he got furious and told me about the wizard duel." Harry said finishing the story.

Rose didn't know that he had made the team, first year weren't even supposed to own a broom, let alone be on the team its self. Rose patted him on the back and gave him a thumbs up. Harry smiled back at her.

"Now where is that ferret?" Ron said. We waited in the trophy room for five minutes till we heard foot steps.

"I was told there would be kids in the trophy room at midnight. I can't wait to punish them!" They heard Flich the in keeper say. Every one panicked! Malfoy set them up to be out of bed at night!

They started to run down the hall frantically. They ran into Peeves the Poltergeist on the way who started to call to Flich where they were. All hope seemed lost as they reached a looked door at the end of the corridor.

"Oh no! It's locked!" Hermione shrieked.

"Are you a witch or not Hermione!" Ron bellowed.

"Right sorry." Hermione said taking Harry's wand out of his hand. She pointed it at the door and whispered an incantation. The door opened and they piled inside and closed the door again.

They waited until they heard that Flich walk away grumbling to relax. Then something slimy fell on Ron's shoulder. He looked up in disgust and then his eyes widened in fear. The rest of us looked up to see what had spooked him.

Above them was a massive dog. If that wasn't bad enough it had three heads, all baring their teeth at the kids. They opened the door screaming and struggled to push it closed against the dog's heads pushing against it trying to break free.

Once they closed the door they took a moment to catch their breath. Then, now being in the hallway, ran the whole way to Griffendor tower.