Chapter 43: Hagrid The Crazy Dragon Lady

Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't been active for so long. But I'm back! Please don't lose hope in me! The only reason I came back was that I saw how many people where still voting and commenting! Your support is greatly appreciated! Alright thank you!

______________________

The next day they all dragged themselves through classes with the eager thought of going to visit Hagrid after supper. After the three of them waited for Ron to have his fill they four walked down to his cabin merrily.

They knocked on the door and where greeted by a smiling Hagrid and a wave of heat from the inside. He ushered them inside quickly and shut the door behind them. He offered them some tea but It was too hot for even that.

"Hagrid why is it so hot in here?" Harry finally asked. Hagrid looked at all of them and mopped his brow looking uncomfortable. Ron went to go open a window when Hagrid stopped him.

"I'll tell you in a second. But why did you lot come here? You said you had to talk to me about something in your letter right?" Hagrid said sitting down on the large couch.

"Well, we wanted to ask you about the other things guarding the stone. We know that you contributed fluffy but what else is there?" Hermione asked bravely.

"What! You think I would just tell you lot?" Hagrid said looking shocked.

"Well we're so close to figuring it out. We're just curious you know. And it's not like we could actually go down there. Especially if we knew what there was guarding it." Hermione said innocently. Rose looked at her fondly. Hermione was practically a genius.

"Well I don't even know what's down there! All I know is that Professors Sprout, Flitwick, McGonagall, Quirrell, and Snape all contributed to the tests. There are you happy? Making me give away secrets." Hagrid said moodily. A puff of ash and smoke came out of his fireplace and he jumped up to go look inside.

"Well now what's going on in there?" Harry said trying to peak around Hagrid.

"Here I'll show you. Move out of the way, don't touch it it'll burn your hand off." Hagrid said carefully guiding a huge egg onto the table. Harry looked confused while the others looked at it with shock.

"Well what is it Hagrid?" Harry said examining the egg which was the size of his head.

"You'll see in a moment. It's about ready to hatch." they all moved a little farther out as the egg trembled on the table. Then it started to crack, pieces breaking away slowly, then more rapidly. Out came a baby dragon. It sneezed and fire blew out of its nostrils making Rose jump back in fright.

"Hagrid why the bloody hell do you have a dragon in your wooden hut!" Ron screamed. Hagrid wasn't paying much attention though.

"Look at him isn't he just the cutest thing you ever saw. I'll name him Norbert. Look he knows I'm him mama." Hagrid cooed over the baby dragon. Outside they heard the tossing of gravel and Rose rushed to the window. She saw the unmistakable blonde hair of Draco running away from Hargrid's hut.
She quickly pulled out her note book To tell the others.

Guys, we have a problem.