Happy birthday, darling

Sup guys, here's a kinda emotional imagine, hope you guys are okay with the sadness...
Oh and requests will start again next week , sorry for y'all still waiting, got some haters to deal with,
Happy reading, love,
~AllDayDarkness

*******************************************************************

You kept scrubbing the dishes until they squeezed against your sponge. Today was your day to do the dishes which you didn't mind, you just hated the soggy food that remained in the bottom of the sink.
There was stained glass eyes and colourful tears playing quietly in the background of your kitchen before your son, JJ, burst through the front door and stormed upstairs. He was 14 and the first thing that came to your mind was his hormones but when you turned the music completely off, you heard him sobbing.

Grabbing the tin of cookies you kept on the side, you made your way up to his room. His door was a little open and you could see JJ sitting on the edge of his bed, crying, clutching a flower in his hand.
You slid through the doorway, knocking on the sideboard to get his attention. There was a long pause before he took a deep breath.
"They laughed at me, mom." JJ cried. You placed the cookie tin on the sideboard and sat next to JJ, holding him in your arms and stroking his hair. "They called me gay and bent and every name under the sun." He sobbed more.
"Who?" You whispered, stroking his hair more.
""The boys at school, they saw the flower and just went for me. When I explained who it was for, they called me names and...just...hurt me." He explained.
"Did they hit you?" You asked and he shook his head. "Good, if they did you know your father would be mad as hell, and so would I." You explained. Jaime hated anyone who made you and your son feel threatened or scared.
"I don't want to tell dad." JJ admitted to you before sitting up, out of your arms. "I don't think telling him will put me in any better mood."

"You don't know that, JJ. You know your father loves you very much and he'd always listen to you." You reassured your now calm son.
JJ nodded, putting his jacket on and kissed your cheek before heading out. You and Jaime didn't live together anymore but JJ was free to see him whenever he liked. It was Jaime's birthday tomorrow and JJ wanted to get him something more from the heart this year.

Anxious, you grabbed your car keys and made your way to Jaime's. You stopped at the side road and made your way to a bench, were you could clearly see JJ and Jaime. You slowly walked over to them but stayed back, letting them have some alone time.
"...but I don't care anymore. I want you to have this flower because I never bring you flowers for your birthday." JJ explained. "Happy birthday dad." JJ finished, placing his hand on the cold stone and stroking his thumb over Jaime's engraved name.
"Rest in peace, darling." You whispered and JJ heard you, walking towards you and holding you as you cried.
"It's okay, mom." He whispered.
"It's okay."
*******************************************************************
*cries internally*
~AllDayDarkness