Five | Naked

"I wake up in the morning, put on my face;
The one that's gonna get me through another day
"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Kitty's body ached, begging for comfort. She knew it would be a couple more hours before she would be granted any comfort. The events of the last night flashed in her mind.

"Again, you go against my wishes?" Her father's voice slowly rose, his chest heaved in anger. The tension in the room so thick that nothing could have broken it. Not even if a wrecking ball suddenly swung into view.

"I... I wanted to thank Alpha Redford, and to invite him to the party. I thought it might be better coming from me." Her voice was little, not wanting to rile her father up any further. She'd submit completely to him, if that's what it took. The thought of what her father was cooking up for her punishment made her cower. If she had a tail, it would be shaking and in between her legs.

"Was I not clear that you weren't to leave the house without my permission? You then decided it would be a good idea to take a defenceless female wolf with you! This is unacceptable behaviour for an alpha's daughter! How do you think the pack will see this? They'll see this as weak - the alpha's own flesh and blood disobeying his orders?" His fists slammed down on the mahogany desk, threatening to crack it like an egg shell. "Tell me, Kathryn, what happens to weak alphas?"

"They die."

"Exactly! Do you want that to happen to me? To your only father? The man who has given you everything? The father who has provided you with a home and a rich life?"

"No, Daddy." Her head bowed, showing him respect. It didn't calm his anger in the slightest but it didn't worsen it either.

"Then why do you test me? Twice in two days. The first time was in front of another alpha and now it is in front of the pack?" He glared at her, viciousness filling his eyes. "Do you know how embarrassing it was to watch you being dragged in by my scouts?"

"I'm sorry, Daddy." She didn't lift her head. "I promise it won't happen again."

"It better not." She heard the creak of the chair, signalling that her father had sat down. His anger was slowly subsiding but it would take hours for him to be neutral. "Caleb informs me that you persuaded Alpha Gabriel to accept my invitation."

"Yes."

"I suppose one good thing came out of this. Maybe I should arrange for you to be mated with him." Kitty's eyes darted up. Did he know? Jordan and Eden wouldn't tell him... "Don't look at me like that. You have shown me how reckless and stupid you are. You've disobeyed your alpha and father. The Moon Goddess may have granted you werewolf abilities but I doubt she would have let a wild child have the gift of a mate." Kitty couldn't help but think about how wrong her father was.

"What if Alpha Redford already has a mate?"

"He doesn't. We would know. It's not information you hide." Samuel brushed off Kitty's worries without caring for her opinion. Her heart swelled at the thought of being bonded to Gabriel, but her mind was telling her it wasn't a good idea. Not if she wanted to convince him that she was not like her father. The bonding needed to be suggested by Gabriel himself. "Now, for your punishment. Since you think it's a grand idea to run off by yourself and endanger others, I've arranged for you to train with Caleb until the day before your party."

Her mouth drops open, and she can feel a protest making its way up her throat.

"Is that a problem?" The way her father asks suggested that he wanted to know if she was challenging his authority. Quickly, she joined her lips together and shook her head. What Caleb thought training was, was different to how everyone else saw it. However, she was willing to take the punishment. She would show her father that she wasn't weak, like she knew he thought she was.