Thirty One | This Is War

"It's the moment of truth, and the moment to lie.

The moment to live, and the moment to die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* i made an error at the end of the last chapter. it's not the council they call, but the triad (who are similar to a council). sorry! + this chapter has NOT been edited yet!

"You called the Triad?" Micah scoffed. "Gabe, man, you let him? After what happened before?"

Gabriel shrugged. Kitty wondered what Micah was referring to.

"Have you guys got anything better?" Gabriel hung back, resting on the archway of the door. Both Kitty and Micah looked at each other, before Kitty shook her head. "Because, clearly, it looks like you've been busy."

"I'll clean up in a minute," Kitty started to say. "But what's going to happen with the Triad?" All she knew was that the Triad were powerful and respected; especially since they were the top dogs. Without the Royal Family in the hierarchy above them, there was no limit to what they could do. Although she didn't exactly know what their purpose was.

"Probably check out if you were telling the truth." Raphael shrugged. She heard a sigh, before Gabriel stalked forward. The top two buttons of his shirt were undone, and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Before the Triad are willing to help us, they'll need to check your claim to the throne is legitimate. Then they can reinstate the Royal Family and we'll be allowed to declare war on your father." Gabriel ignored the faces Raphael was pulling. Kitty nodded, scarcely aware that for once, Gabriel wasn't glaring at her. He may have had a tense, neutral expression, but it was nicer than a full-blown angry one. She still, however, wasn't elated about an upcoming war. It wasn't the way to go – she could feel it.

"Not that you should go to war," Kitty started, "but... why are you waiting for them? I thought packs could just declare war."

"Not every pack is like your father." Gabriel said. He didn't elaborate. His beta did that for him.

"What Gabe means to say," Micah huffed. His face was less red; less tense but Kitty was still on edge. She didn't fancy being caught up in Hurricane Micah again, "is that if a pack declares war, the Triad usually come and see what justifications you have. Most packs can't declare war without serious consequences."

"But?" She could sense there was a 'but' in there somewhere.

Micah sighed, rubbing his face. "But your father completely annihilated the Triad's rules. He no longer plays by their rules and so they're hell-bent on making him pay."

"Oh," Kitty frowned, "but wouldn't they have been happy that they didn't need to answer to the Royal Family?"

"Most wolves loved the Royal Family. It was the minority that didn't." Micah shrugged. "But the Triad aren't going to do much, you guys realise that?"

"They can–," Raphael started to say but Micah interrupted.

"The Triad can't do shit. They'll just say we're allowed to declare war and leave us to it. If anything they'll probably try and take Kitty." Her head snapped over to Micah's. Eyes wide. She wasn't leaving. What was happening was her fault – she couldn't leave. She needed to make sure her best friend was safe, and that Brandon was out.