Twenty Six | God Wears Gucci

Your time is running out,
You should have known better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her mouth felt dry, as if she'd been drinking all night with Eden. The only difference was that she'd never woken up feeling as if she was in the Sahara Desert. Blinking several times, she took in her surroundings.

The basement.

Groaning, she pushed herself up. How had she gotten to be on her front, a hand trapped underneath? The last she remembered... cringing, she rubbed her forehead with her palm. Bile slowly made its way up her throat, and she forced herself to swallow the acidic taste back down.

Nothing had changed (not that she expected it to), but she felt something was off. Something wasn't... right. Why was it so hot down in the basement? Was it some form of torture, to make it so hot that the prisoner's would boil to death? While she felt hot, she also felt a cold chill roll down her spine. Her throat felt as if someone had ripped into it, and she ached all over. It was taking all her energy just for her to just sit up.

"Kitty?" That same voice... the one she heard before her nightmare began... "Kitty, behind you!"

Craning her neck round, her hand falling limply to the ground, she stared wide-eyed at the boy in the cage beside her. Her mouth fell open, and she scrambled to move towards him. Her arms and legs protested with every moment, but she pushed it aside. Her pain wasn't important. But Brandon was.

"Brandon?" She didn't even recognise the sound of her own voice. It was hoarse, and scratchy. Like she'd been screaming for hours. It wasn't even as loud as she thought it would be – a hitch above a whisper.

"Goddess, what did he do to you?" Never mind her – what had they done to him?

Brandon, who they swore would become a model, was almost unrecognisable. His eyes which had always been full of sparkles, were dim. Not even the dark purple bruises could bring out the shine. Eden had always been jealous of the way Brandon's hair looked so shiny but that was gone too. Caked with dirt and blood it fell limply off him, chunks missing. His lip was swollen, dried blood covering his once-tanned skin. Kitty didn't dare look lower – already she was trembling and warm tears trailing down her cheeks.

"Does Nathan know you're here?" He asked, waving a shaky hand. A hand that looked a little too bent out of shape to be natural.

Kitty shook her head. "Caleb lied about me betraying the pack. What–," she started to cough, clutching at her chest. Sharp pains, like needles, stabbed at her. She ignored the fresh blood on her hands. "What did they do to you?"

Without thinking her hand reached out to him. A yelp from Brandon stopped her.

"The bars... they've been laced." He gave her a tiny smile. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you what it was."

"Silver?" He shook his head, his smile never leaving his face. Kitty frowned; it must have really been hurting him to smile. There wasn't any part of his face that had been left untouched.

"Giant Hogweed."

"What?" A small laugh fell off her lips, shocking Kitty. It died as quickly as it came out though. "I've never..."

"It's pretty grim though. Sam forced me to watch another wolf touch it." His eyes looked down, recalling the horrible memory. Kitty's fingers twitched, itching to comfort him. "It burns badly. If you're exposed for too long you get blisters. They rubbed it in his eyes..." he shivered, his mouth forming into a grimace, "they blinded him. For fun."