Twenty | Happy Endings are Stories...

"Keep me dizzy, spinning circles around my head

Believe me that it's worth the rush,

Til we collide, with heavy hearts and open minds."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staring up at the ceiling, the darkness revealed nothing and even though she tried her hardest to erase what she'd witnessed an hour ago... nothing was working. Sheep jumping over fences? Imagining unicorns pooping rainbows? Nathan's face when she'd stolen the last cupcake, when she was fourteen? Nope. Somehow naked, sweaty bodies always came into play.

Sighing, she froze when she heard the door creak open. She was afraid of several things; that it could be a murderer/serial killer; one of the guards... or it could have been Micah (or Eden). She really didn't want to see either of her friends at that moment. Especially not after catching them mid-sex, and not even committing the act on Eden's bed!

Quickly shuffling under her flowered duvet, she kept deathly still as she heard footsteps coming closer. She wasn't even breathing, and she could feel hot sweat forming on her forehead. It wasn't until the loud steps had stopped for several minutes that she peeked out from underneath her blanket.

She let out a small shriek, before she realised who was staring at her, unimpressed.

"Sorry?" She whispered, feeling a teensy bit guilty. She might not have woken him but she might have woken some of the others staying in the packhouse. Kitty couldn't exactly remember if there was anyone who was sleeping above the living room.

"What... what are you doing?" He looked confused, and his voice was husky as if he'd just been sleeping. Judging by the way his brown hair stuck up everywhere, she was sure he had. But he was wearing smart clothing rather than pyjamas...

"Funny story," Kitty started to explain pushing herself out of the covers and righting her baggy top, "uh, so I came back from a run and–,"

"This time of night?" Again, Gabriel's face showed nothing. But by the thinning of his lips and his narrowed eyes, clearly he was unimpressed by Kitty's timing.

"I needed to calm down." Was all she said since she wasn't willing to tell him the truth. "Anyway, when I came back I witnessed something really disturbing." Why is Gabriel even talking to me?

"Which was?" He prompted.

Kitty sighed, "Micah's naked butt."

It was as if Gabriel was seeing red. Kitty heard a loud rip, echoing in the silent room, and his eyes had glazed over becoming a deep amber. His nostrils flared, and his breathing harshened.

"Why?"

"He was having sex with Eden?" Kitty suggested, and it calmed Gabriel down almost instantly. Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she stared at Gabriel wondering how chaotic it was in his mind. Maybe it was a good thing she couldn't shift. Constantly having to battle with your inner wolf didn't look like so much fun, nor did it sound it. "I don't know why you're so bothered by it."

"I'm not." Gabriel snapped.

"Okay." Kitty said, expecting him to flounce off. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to sleep."

"You can't sleep here."

"What's wrong with the sofa?" It wasn't like anyone would wake her up – she was sure she had been the only one roaming the halls so late at night. The living room was also barely used; every time Kitty had been in by herself or with Eden, no-one had come in (Clara being the exception) and even so, when the sun finally rose from its slumber, she'd be woken up by sunlight since there weren't any curtains or blinds covering the windows.