Thirty Four | Let Them In

*unedited

"I shouldn't give in, but I let you win

I let you in."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel's office seemed smaller than it usually did. Then again, she didn't always have the gaze of everyone on her. She wished she had worn something nicer. The t-shirt she wore was littered in holes, and she was wearing small, tight shorts. There were no shoes on her feet; she had been relishing in the fresh new feeling of grass and mud underneath her feet. That, and Clara's shoes were slightly too big for her.

"So, this is the daughter of Samuel." The eldest of the Triad stared at Kitty. Her skin crawled; the elder had no emotion in those amber eyes of his. The Triad's eyes hadn't been taken off her the second she walked in. However, they hadn't spoken to her. Not until then. "I can see the resemblance."

She couldn't speak. In fact, Kitty could barely breathe. She was sure there was a sheen layer of sweat coating her entire body. Her heart was thrumming so fast, she wasn't sure how her heart hadn't escaped. Her eyes were wide, like a doe caught in headlights.

"I was expecting his daughter to be a little more... feisty." She hadn't caught any of their names. But there were two males. They both talked to each other, made comments out loud. The third member, was a female, and she sat there silently. The other two Triad members were in the middle of sizing Gabriel's guards (and Micah) but the female had sat staring at the floor. It was only until Kitty's eyes landed on her, that her head whipped up. The hatred in her eyes was... there was no word Kitty could use to describe.

"Abominations are always surprising." Her voice was so cold, it sent shivers down Kitty's back.

"You believe what she says about her father and Alia?" The second male, who looked younger than the others asked. He'd taken Gabriel's seat. His feet were propped up comfortably on the desk. He didn't seem to care that he was lying on a pile of files.

"Where you see her father, I see Alia." The female spoke. None of them had given any names. They were just strangers who held a life-and-death decision over her.

"But–,"

"You may not re-call her, but I spent eleven years looking after my niece. She may resemble Samuel Flowers but she is a spitting image of Aria," The female let out loose growls, each deeper than the last. Fear struck Kitty harder than it had before. "You cannot smell my niece flowing through her veins?"

The other two males just stared blankly, before the eldest spoke.

"Deirdre, calm down," At least that was one name down, "We are not saying you're lying. We just want to make sure the girl's telling the truth. She might look more like Aria, but who's to say she isn't a liar like her father? After all, she hasn't spoken a word since she arrived."

All eyes were on her. Kitty opened her mouth, but only broken sounds came out. She didn't know what to say, or even where to start! Truth be told, the past forty eight hours before the Triad had arrived, she hadn't given them any thought.

"We didn't call because Kitty is claiming a seat to the throne," Raphael spoke up. Kitty turned to see him standing near her, his arms crossed. He looked deadly serious. It frightened her slightly and put into perspective just how powerful these three wolves really were. "We called because if she really is a legitimate child of the princess, it means Alpha Flowers committed assault on a member of the royal family. Which means–,"