Sixteen | Ain't It Fun

*unedited

"Ain't it fun living in the real world?

Ain't it good being all alone?"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

"Kitty!" Hearing her name being shouted loudly in her ear, Kitty jolted from her position feeling disorientated. Looking around, her eyesight still slightly blurry, she wondered how she got into the lounge. Did she fall asleep here, avoiding Eden? Or did–

Oh, God. Memories of the previous night resurfaced and if she hadn't been there, she would have pegged it as a vivid dream. Or maybe she had been lucid dreaming. It had happened once before – why not last night too? But at the same time, it seemed too absurd to dream about: Gabriel watching a film with her... and he seemed to enjoy it too (or from what she remembered).

"Micah?" Clearing her throat, she repeated his name. He stared at her, excitement filling those hazel eyes. "What... are you doing here?" She frowned for a minute. "Wait, why are you waking me up? What time is it?" The room was dimly lit, save for a single lamp's light.

"It's, er, about five in the morning."

"Five?!" It was a horrid time to be woken up. She remembered Caleb's training sessions; it would take her at least three alarms before she would actually get out of bed. It was either that, or she had forced herself to imagine Caleb... naked. It was an image she'd never seen, nor wanted to. But it stopped her from even thinking about going back to sleep. "Why are you up so early?"

"Training." He said, and it explained everything. Kitty nodded, and grabbed her laptop. Her limbs still felt heavy, and she felt slightly sick. It was because she'd been woken up after a few hours (if that) of sleep. She couldn't see Gabriel anywhere, and guessed that he'd probably left her when she'd fallen asleep. "You're more than welcome to join, although I don't know how much training you've done."

"It's okay." A long yawn left her lips. "I'm not really a fighter."

"Eden's going to be there." He said, as if it was some incentive for her to join. It wasn't. Her best friend only trained when she was angry, and when she was in training she was... she just ploughed into anyone. It was not a pretty sight in the slightest. And Kitty knew that if she entered the training room, with Eden in a state (as Kitty knew she would be) she'd have a target on her back. It wasn't something she was going to risk. Not until they'd made up.

"I'm okay, thanks." She pushed herself up, and tried not to stumble. "Just a warning, Eden will be pretty vicious. I'd stay away from her."

"Really?" Micah looked at her, as if to say that he didn't believe it. Kitty shrugged, and started to walk out of the living room. There was a bed calling her name, and she intended to respond to the call. That, and it would also be much comfier than the sofa. Hearing her name being called, Kitty turned.

"What?" She whisper-shouted. Unlike her caller, she was aware that some people wouldn't appreciate being woken up so early.

"Did you happen to see Gabe last night?" Micah asked, running up to her. He stopped in front of her, his eyes revealing that he was expecting some good news. As much as she wanted to give in, confess the previous night's events, but she knew she couldn't. Kitty knew that it didn't mean that Gabriel suddenly liked her – and she didn't want any rumours to spread. Also, she knew that Micah and Gabriel were close; they were beta and alpha after all. If Gabriel hadn't told Micah, then maybe it wasn't a good idea for her to.

"No, sorry. I fell asleep watching a film." She was only half-lying. She did fall asleep watching a film! "Why?"

Micah let out a sigh, his shoulders deflating. It was almost like he was expecting her to say 'yes'. She felt bad for disappointing him, but what else could she do? "He wasn't in his office last night, that's all. And he wasn't in his room either... he just disappeared. Which is odd for him."