Twenty Four | Been to Hell

"The wolf's outside your door, and you're old enough to run, you ain't hiding any more."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you're not even going to say good-bye to him?" Raphael asked while Kitty was finishing packing. She could tell he was disappointed by the tone of his voice, but it didn't bother her. For the first time in the past month, she had a clear head. She actually had some sort of plan.

"He doesn't want to see me." She shrugged, pushing her clothing down even further so she could try and zip up her bag. Eden was off, most likely with Micah, while Kitty packed alone. When she finally managed to get Eden (preferably alone) in a room, she was going to apologise. They shouldn't be fighting – and if Kitty had stopped her pity party early, she would have realised that Eden was just being Eden.

"That hasn't stopped you before."

"And look where that got me!" Kitty slammed the zip up and turned around. "I feel like a dog chasing its own tail."

Raphael cocked his head, a small smile playing on his lips. "Really? A dog?"

"Shut up." Any other time, she might have laughed. Unfortunately, she'd been up for most of the night thinking about how she could make it up to Gabriel, and what she needed to do. She'd also spent the night writing a letter to Eden. Whether or not she read it wasn't important – but Kitty knew that leaving her best friend a note would make her irate enough for her to confront Kitty. "You know what I meant."

Slinging the bag over her shoulder, she rose an eyebrow.

"Apart from nagging me about Alpha Gabriel, is there something that you wanted to say before I left?" Kitty knew she was doing the right thing. Admittedly, she would have preferred to have left on good terms, but she'd apologised. At least she'd apologised (even though it probably meant nothing) for her grandfather's atrocious actions. And she'd returned Gabriel's parents' possessions.

"Why can't you just–,"

"Desperation doesn't suit you, Raphael." Kitty spat, knowing his next words. Can't you stick around, try and persuade Gabriel? Seduce him? Give him another chance? As much as she wanted to, it was getting exhausting. Every time she thought they were taking one step forward, somehow they ended up being dragged backwards... right to the start.

Raphael huffed. "But–,"

"Has anyone actually asked the alpha himself to not give up on... whatever this is?" Her hands flailed in the air. "Why do I have to be the one chasing him?"

"But if you give up–,"

"Then he can find someone who hasn't murdered his parents." Some wolves decided against staying with their 'designated' mates. It was happening more frequently in the last couple of years, but it was still happening. Wolves were going against the moon goddess and choosing their own mates. "Why are you still hanging around me?"

"What?" Kitty let out a small sigh, before motioning to the door. While she would have delighted in keeping the conversation solely to one room, she didn't want to inconvenience the guards. They were already having to drive her back (even though she'd insisted she could walk through the forest) – she didn't want to make them late.

"Why are you hanging around me? Why did you come last night?" A couple of minutes after Gabriel had stormed out, Raphael's chestnut hair and all-too-happy face popped in. He'd stayed with her, just babbling nonsense and as much as she enjoyed it... she didn't understand him. Clearly, he knew it was her grandfather who had murdered his parents and yet, unlike his brother, he didn't seem to care about it.