Fifteen | Bright

"'Cause now I'm shining bright, so bright,

And I get lost in your eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Kitty let out a sigh – she tried to enjoy the film but she couldn't. Nagging in the back of her mind was her best friend – who no doubt was trying to cook up some sort of plan to help her out. But she didn't want that; she wanted Eden to just leave it all alone. If she did want to help, she could come up with some sort of plan to get Jessica to see Brandon one last time. Getting her in would be easy. Kitty could use her 'power' as a member of the alpha family to get her into the basement but the problem was getting her into her father's lands. She was sure he'd be keeping an even keener look on who was passing through – especially if he had an inkling that Brandon had a mate. Fully mated couples always went after each other. Or so that was what Kitty always thought. But after Kitty met Gabriel, she wasn't so sure of how the mating worked. For the past few weeks they (Gabriel seemed to be the stronger one though) had resisted the pull to each other. That wasn't supposed to happen. Not according to everything she'd heard, everything she'd been told from a young age.

Shaking her head, trying to rid herself of the negative thoughts, she pushed herself off her bed. Slowly walking down the corridor, she tried to remember where the library was. The tour that Micah had provided was quick and fast – Kitty could barely remember where everything was, even though Gabriel's pack house seemed smaller than her own, Micah had ran down the corridors pointing to each room and had given Kitty and Eden only a couple of seconds to process each room. Hope surged through her; it wasn't like she'd get told off for getting lost...

Three wrong turns, four wrong doors and half an hour later, she found herself in the gardens. Frowning, but feeling like she could somehow heading in the right direction, she continued forward. Wrapping her thick cardigan around her even more, she braved the nasty wind. Even though it was barely winter – Halloween was only a week away – the weather had gotten significantly worse in the past two days. As the rain started to make its appearance, Kitty's eyes sought out some sort of new building – her search had led her outside, there was no point back-tracking.

With no entrance in sight, a small sigh escaped her lips. She walked a little bit further, to the stone gate and leaned on it, staring across the land. From the front of the house, it didn't seem like the back dipped – but it did. Her own garden was just a flat plain, with patches of grass. Gabriel's on the other hand, was magical. Even with the temperatures dropping, there were flowers flourishing on the outskirts of the garden. In the middle, sat a wooden gazebo, and she guessed there were a couple of benches underneath it.

Curiosity grabbing her, Kitty pushed herself off the stone and carefully made her way down the steps. When she reached the bottom, she looked up to the dark clouds and bit her lip. Droplets of cold rain landed on her face and before she could blink, the clouds released the rain upon her as if the heavens were breaking down. Running to the wooden gazebo, the mud squelching beneath her (and most likely staining her white trainers), Kitty took shelter under the wooden gazebo.

Even though she was quick to the shelter, she was still sodden and her blonde hair clung uncomfortably to her face. Pushing it out of the way, she used the cuff of her cardigan to wipe her face. The rain wasn't letting up and the longer she stood there, in rain-soaked clothes, the colder she got.

Stupid genes, she cursed mentally, wishing she'd been born a true werewolf. She was worse than a bitten wolf! They could partially shift, their temperature ran hotter and they would have had more strength than her. She'd never encountered one, so she wouldn't know how strong they were in comparison, but she'd heard the rumours.