Thirty Five | Drown

*unedited

"What doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead.

Got a hole in my soul, growing deeper and deeper."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

"You're lying!" She screamed, ignoring the cuffs biting into her wrists. Hands gripped at her shoulders, trying to force her down. She kept trying to shake them off. They were pushing her back down and in the end, the hands successfully managed to get her seated. Her wrists burned because of the silver, but it was manageable.

"Kitty," Gabriel's hot breath fanned past her ears. Another time, she might have swooned, maybe even felt gleeful. However, the fanning didn't bother her, "you need to calm down."

It didn't help that Elmar started laughing, "A true Flowers, I see."

"You are a liar," Kitty spat again, "I know my father and I know that he'd never work with a human."

While he'd allowed the rest of the pack to go to a human school for further education, he'd never once let Kitty even entertain the idea. Up until sixteen, she was in education. After that, there was no use. Especially not one where humans roamed. What would they teach her that would be useful in her world? She was destined to hold a high position – one that a human would not know the importance of.

"Oh, really?" Elmar asked, his tone mocking.

"What other proof do you have, except one picture of a human?" She asked, her head spinning. Elmar was lying. He had to be. She didn't even spare a glance to Gabriel, whose eyes were boring into her skull. She was well aware why he wasn't taking his eyes off her – he'd thought she'd lunged to attack. She hadn't. Kitty knew better than to attack someone who held the alpha of positions.

Elmar narrowed his eyes, "Not that I am required to tell you, but we've received several letters over the past few years," lifting up several sheets of paper, he slid over several pieces. Looking at them, Kitty felt her mouth go dry. Her heart dropped.

Gabriel picked them up, keeping them out of Kitty's view. She watched his expressions as he read them, and her gut told her that whatever the letters held... it wasn't a good sign. Gabriel's face got grimmer by the second. His hands were shaking, the paper creased (being pulled tightly). A low growl filled the room every couple of seconds. It was deadly silent apart from that.

Tearing her eyes from Gabriel, Kitty looked over to Micah. He looked to Gabriel, concern written all over his face. His gaze changed to focusing on Kitty, and he provided a sympathetic smile. Micah's eyes widened slightly when he looked down to the cuffs, but he didn't say anything. Looking down herself, she supressed a sigh when she noticed how her wrists had been ruined. It wasn't hurting her terribly, but her wrists looked raw.

Maybe I shouldn't have pulled so hard, she thought.

"So," Gabriel cleared his throat but his voice was uneven, "you've known about Samuel's plans for a long time then?"

"We've been aware that he's been planning something," Elmar shrugged. Cracking made Kitty look to her side. The letter in his hands was being crushed; his fists gradually getting tighter and tighter. His arms were shaking too, but she only noticed because he was so close to her.