Eight | Mercy

"All I wanted to do is fall apart now.

All I wanted to feel, I wanted to love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The toilet had become Kitty's best friend. She knew that she couldn't escape Caleb forever, and she'd have to undergo four hours of training but at that moment her body was rejecting the idea of moving. One shaky hand held the toilet seat up while the other gripped the side of the toilet. Her head hung low, and she spat trying to get the regurgitated taste of tequila out her mouth. Her nose burned and her cheeks felt dry from the tears that had run down her face.

Taking deep breaths through her mouth, not wanting the smell of vomit to cause her to be sick even further, she forced herself up and grabbed some toilet paper to wipe her mouth with. After flushing the chain, she washed her hands and scooped cold water in her mouth, hoping to rid the acidic taste. Kitty made the mistake of catching her reflection and she cringed. She was already 'too pale' (according to her grandma) but she looked sickly. Purple bruises lay under her eyes and she sighed. Her blonde hair was tangled and knotted, even thought it was tied up, and the thought of dragging a brush through it made her cringe and her stomach lurched.

Weakly and slowly, Kitty made her way to her room. Her hands were sliding on the walls, using them as some support. It didn't help much but at least she could feel her way to her room and she'd be more likely to fall into the wall than crumple into her legs. Her stomach was crying out in pain, from its emptiness and because of Caleb slamming her down.

Due to the drink, she'd overslept and Caleb had barged into Paddy's home and yanked Kitty off the sofa. The impact on the ground had made her gag, and the bile had quickly risen. Somehow, she'd managed to push it down, keep it away from Paddy's beautiful wooden flooring and beige rug. Unfortunately for Kitty, she'd caused Caleb to go into a wild rage as she hadn't turned up for her training (and it was an accident that she'd gotten as drunk and she had and passed out). He'd dragged her out of Eden's by her leg and as soon as they were outside, he'd thrown her over his shoulder. The force of his shoulder driving into her stomach caused the alcohol to come spewing out of her and onto Caleb's back. At the time, she was too out of it to care but now that she was sobering up, the thought that made her smile. It was the only thing that was making her feel better.

Damn it, Eden! She cursed Eden, even though she knew it was her own fault she'd gotten drunk. The stress from planning the party had finally gotten to her, the tours were repetitive and Caleb's training was torture. By the end of it, she had become Grumpy Kitty - and Eden wasn't having any of it. And Kitty was thankful, she was grateful. It's just that now she was paying the price.

Falling onto her bed, Kitty let sleep take over and take away the sickness. As she drifted in and out, she dreamed of a life away from here. Away from her father. A life where she could make her own choices, where she wasn't confined and taunted by the threat of punishment. It was blissful but like all dreams, ended too soon. She was gently shaken awake and bright blue eyes greeted her.

"Leila?" Kitty croaked, feeling groggy. Her eyes threatened to close and let sleep take her away again. Yawning, she rubbed her eyes and pushed herself off her stomach and into a sitting position. Crossing her legs, she patted her bed to let Leila know she was welcome.

"Hey, Kitty. How are you feeling?" Leila asked her, concern in her eyes. Kitty nodded, and thought of how Leila would be a great luna; she was already acting like one. She'd go round checking everyone was okay, listening to the problems of the pack... even Kitty's father was proud of her. He probably thought Leila was the daughter he deserved. The pack actually liked her, and Kitty could see why - she was just so kind. Leila had never caused anyone any pain, unlike herself.