Eighteen | Holy

*unedited

"Oh you're all alone,

You poor unfortunate soul."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is just petty, Eddie." Kitty sighed, but didn't stray back to her usual seat that she occupied during dinner. It was almost like they were in secondary school, playing little games that amounted to nothing. Although Eden seemed adamant that this idea would 'work'. "I'm not angry at him."

"And?" Eden rose an eyebrow but smiled at some of the boys who sat in the seats opposite them. Kitty kept her head low, not wanting to cause an unnecessary scene. It did feel nice though, to be sat with someone and not have an awkward silence like the previous night.

"I just don't see the point in this." Her voice was kept low.

"The point, Kits, is that he takes notice. You sitting away from him shows that you're not happy with him." Eden shrugged, and looked down the table to see if Gabriel was in his seat. Judging from her expression, and the fact that everyone was still chattering happily (and loudly) meant that it was still vacant. "Anyway, I want to see his reaction."

"Then you're going to be disappointed." What her best friend was expecting, she'd no idea. "I think he'll be relieved that my dad's spy isn't sat next to him." Bitterness coated her voice, and she hated every second of it. Taking in a deep breath, she was thankful that her next words held no venom. "Only four more days to go, and we'll be back home."

Before Eden could protest (or make a remark about how much nicer it was in Gabriel's pack), her attention was taken by some of the boys who'd sat opposite them. She chatted to them mindlessly for a couple of seconds before she almost jumped out of her seat.

"Oh! Guys, this is Kitty. Kitty, this is Carter and Joel. Then you've got Marnie, Delilah and... Clara!" Kitty waved at them all, and was thankful that they all greeted her with smiles. She turned her attention to Clara, who took the free seat next to her, and was shocked at how similar she looked to Micah.

"You're Micah's sister?"

"The one and only." She smiled warmly. "So how long have you known my brother?"

"Not long," Kitty had to think about the first time she'd met Micah. "Maybe a few weeks? Not long."

"Well, he likes you, and if someone else didn't have their eye on you, he'd be hitting on you." Clara gave Kitty a wink before changing the subject of the conversation entirely. Not sure with what to do with the information that Micah might have liked her as more than a friend (but wouldn't act upon it), she pushed it out of her mind. It wasn't something she wanted to dwell on, and she thought that Clara might have been seeing things that weren't there. That, and Kitty saw Micah as she did Jordan. "Anyway, does anyone know when Raph is back?"

"Nah, but I think he's supposed to be Cordune by now. Visiting Alpha Xo, I think." One of the boys, Carter (she thought), said.

"Who's Raph?" Kitty whispered to Eden, who replied with a shrug. Clara tapped her shoulder, and whispered in her ear.

"Raph is Alpha Gabriel's brother. He's been travelling trying to find his mate."

"Oh, yeah, Gab- Alpha Redford," quickly remembering that she was from another pack, and was supposed to be a lowly member, not the alpha's daughter, amended her words. She'd gotten too used to calling Gabriel by his first name, "got me to cross off the packs where his brother had been. He just said that his brother was travelling."