1.

Plz excuse any mistakes and enjoy :)

A O K I

I watched closely as the clock ticked on the school wall. Wanting school to be over already so I could get back to the real world. If you knew me, you'd know I hate school with a passion, but seeing this was the only way for me to have a better life I didn't take it for granted either.

I'm sixteen years old as of today and unlike most I didn't exactly get the chance to celebrate or nobody remembered for that matter. I grew up in the foster system and jumping from home to home wasn't my cup of tea. From the drugged up moms to the creepy dad's that try to hit on me, I definitely had to get out of the system.

I also had a heart problem when I was little. I had to go through many surgeries and a baby on an operating table wasn't exactly attractive to prospective parents so by the time I was three no one wanted me. They wanted little babies.

"Ms.Alsina?" I directed my attention to my teacher pulling me out my thoughts.

"Yes?" I asked looking around at every watching me.

I wasn't shy but I did get nervous when I was the center of attention or when I was surrounded by many people.

"Pay attention please this stuff will be on the quiz for tomorrow."

"Sorry." I mumbled looking at the board.

The rest of the class period went by slowly and it was now time to go. I gathered my belongings and hurried out the class so I wouldn't miss the bus.

"Aiko. Aiko!" My friend Brenda shouted catching up with me.

"Not right now, I'll see you tonight bye." I told her speed walking out the school doors.

"Good luck." I heard her say before I ran to the bus stop.

I couldn't miss this bus. I was on my way to get signatures from my birth parents to get an emancipation. Being they still had rights I couldn't get an emancipation unless they signed over their rights. My case worker could've did it but that would've taken longer and my court date was in two days.

I sat on the bench to catch my breath as the bus pulled in front of the stop. I let the older lady who sat next to me get on first. I payed my way on the bus and walked to the middle section to take my seat.

Looking at the address that belonged to my biological dad I knew this ride was going to be long. I was in the suburbs and he stayed in the city of Atlanta.

I scrambled through my bag looking for something to snack on since I never ate school lunch and I was beyond starving. I was out of luck but I did have some air heads to hold me over till I got back home.

Ten minutes into the ride I put in my earphones and started studying for tomorrow's test listening to Chris Brown.

"Have a nice day." The bus driver smiled as I got off the bus.

I politely smiled back and continued on my way. The neighborhood was very quiet and no one was outside. Gated homes with expensive cars sat in the driveway of each house. It was definitely different from what I was use to. After five minutes of walking I was standing in front of my farther's large estate.

I pressed the gate button and waited for a response. A few seconds later the intercom came on and a lady sounded through it.

"Yes may I help you?" I heard her speak in a Spanish accent.

"Um yes I'm looking for an A-august Alsina." I looked down at my paper making sure I was reading right.