9.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

A U G U S T

"You don't call anymore."

I stared at her with no expression. Ever since she kicked me out I haven't spoken to her or my family since. I found it best. I love my mom unconditionally but I preferred things how they were now.

"I heard I have a grand baby?"

I chuckled. "Shes definitely not a baby."

"Well where is she?"

"With her mom."

"And who might that be?"

"Riyah."

"Riyah?" She asked herself.

"Rayuana mama."

She gasped and stood up from the couch. "Mrs.Lee daughter? She was always a good girl."'

I laughed considerin' she was a bad girl for me. She was definitely an angel though. I was the bad boy, datin' the good girl.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothin'." I mumbled.

She stared at me wantin' to say somethin'. "Why didn't we know she was pregnant August?"

I shrugged. "I thought she got rid of her at the time."

"Lord where did I go wrong with you."

"If you hea' to judge you can leave. I stop carin' for everyone's opinion a long time ago."

"August I'm still ya damn mama. Don't play with me. Now call my grand baby over hea'."

I got up and went into to the kitchen to call Riyah. She answered on the second ring. It sounded like she was orderin' somethin'.

"Aye? You got Aiko from school yet?"

"Yes she's right here. Why?"

"My mom hea'." I told her, lookin' in the living room.

"What was the total again?"

I smacked my teeth and shook my head. Why she pick up the phone if she was doing something in the first place.

"Hello?"

"Yeah?"

"Okay. What you say now?"

"Nothin' man jus come by my place now."

"Okay, bye."

"August?" My mom called, from the other room.

I walked back in there and looked at her. She had tears in her eyes. I felt my face soften and I embraced her in a hug.

"I'm sorry. I so sorry." She kept repeatin'.

I sniffled as we rocked side to side. I was actually happy she came even though it didn't seem like it. I felt like my life was getting crazy and I needed my mama around more.

"I'm sorry baybeh."

"I forgave you a long time ago. Even though what you did was wrong. You made me grow up and I became a man."

"I just wanted the best for you. You made me the enemy and I couldn't watch you go down the wrong path." She shook her head and wiped the fallen tears.