27.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

A I K O
Monday Morning

I changed my outfit several times before I was satisfied. I didn't want to look too kiddish. I wanted to seem mature and I thought the dress I was wearing would do it.

I slid my black boots on looked at myself in the mirror. I stared at my outfit but something told me to look over. I pulled the photo of Chris and I from my mirror and looked at it before I heard footsteps.

Throwing the picture in my draw, I grabbed my jacket and went downstairs. "Hey look at you." Raya said spinning me around.

"Everything was dirty." I said grabbing a banana.

I heard my dad honk and picked my bag up. "Gotta go. That's my ride."

"Hey I was making breakfast." I waved the banana and picked my books up.

She pouted and played with the egg yolks. "Are you going to be ok?" She asked. "You know with Chris and everything."

"Totally fine. It's about time I see what else is out there. Right?" I responded biting the banana.

"I bet you there's something right around the corner for both of us."

I heard the front door open and in walked my dad. "I honked. You ready?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry." I said throwing the banana in the trash."

"Have a good day!" Raya yelled behind us before I closed the door.

"Hey." I told my dad as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Good mornin'. How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Good. Sleep well?" He asked opening the door for me."

"Yes. Okay." I got inside and he shut the door.

"So who you dressed up for?" He asked once we got close to my school. "Is it Ron? I like Ron."

I laughed and shook my head. "No. Besides we're just friends."

"Mhm. Well whoever it is better be careful. But I'll see ya afta school." I smiled looking at him but my attention quickly went out the window.

I stared at Damari as he walked up the sidewalk to enter the school. I quickly put a smile on my face and told my dad bye.

I entered the school and went upstairs. I walked in on Damari changing his shirt.

"U-uh sorry. I was just um-" I stuttered.

"No it's fine. I thought I locked it." He said sitting on his desk. "Wassup?"

"Oh. Nothing. Well. I thought maybe we should talk about what happened the other night."

"Mm-hmm." He opened a folder and looked up.

Before I could say anything my teacher entered the class and we both looked up. "Sample syllables." My teacher waved.

"Thank you." He motioned for my teacher to place it on the first desk.