30.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

Winter 2016
A I K O

"You're here, finally." Brenda said giving me the eye.

"We had to go to three different stores just to find cinnamon bagels." I told her, throwing the groceries on the counter.

"You're in a new place so I just want you to feel at home here and have everything you need. You know?" My mom said, walking towards Brenda bedroom.

Brenda and I looked at each other. "Oh my god. You got me Cinnamon Toast Crunch too Raya!" Brenda exclaimed, distracting Raya.

"I also got you this." Raya said handing Brenda a card. "It's linked to my account. Emergencies, food, and stuff."

"You've already done a lot for me. Thank you." Brenda said hugging her. "I promise I won't go crazy with it."

Raya nodded and I pushed her towards the door. "Well I'm just going to hang out here. We have some things to do." I said.

"Just call me when you're ready." She said leaving.

I closed the door and sighed in relief. I walked past Brenda and opened her bedroom door. "Sorry. I tried to get her to stay in the car." I told Damari.

"Hey." He said kissing me.

"Um, next time you decide to have an illicit affair with a student, I'd say ditch the roommate and get an apartment by yourself." Brenda said grabbing her jacket and leaving.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I turned to Damari and he chuckled. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso. We sat on the couch and I pulled my jacket off. "Now, what do you want to do?"

"I know we can't do much."

"Much? We can't go to the movies, out to eat, or anything."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." I played with his hair.

He stared at me as if he was thinking of something. "What you doing Saturday?"

"Nothing why?"

"Ima take you on a date." He grinned. "We're going back to savannah."

I smiled and he flipped us over. I was under him, looking in his eyes. I pulled him down by his shirt and his lips crashed into mine.

***

"You ever crashed a wedding?" I laughed looking at the boat in front of us. "Are you serious?" I questioned.

He grabbed my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Me and my brother use to do it all the time. They barely know half the people on this boat."

We were greeted as we climbed aboard this big ass boat. It was a nice wedding reception. Everything was white and gold. There was hella people and hella more food.

"You wanna dance?" He asked, breaking my focus.

"Mm. I don't really k-" He pulled us to the dance floor. "It wasn't a question." He whispered into my ear, making me shiver.