29.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

Winter 2016
A I K O

"Oh." Damari said once he saw me sitting on the couch.

I was staying with Izumi this weekend but if I would've known what I know now I definitely would've stayed home.

"Hey." I said, walking towards the bathroom.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were here." He trailed.

"I wish I wasn't." He looked confused. "Yeah these walls aren't exactly sound proof." I stated, walking away.

"Aiko. I'm sorry I thought that-" I slammed the bathroom door before he could finish and rolled my eyes.

***
I walked into Damari's class and slammed my test on his desk which had a big red F written on it. "This tutoring thing isn't working for me anymore."

"Look. I apologize for this morning."

"This isn't about this morning. I just don't understand this stuff and this is waisting my time." I said pointing between us.

"Well you're required to be here so you just can't quit on yourself." He said, grading papers.

"I'm not quitting on myself, I'm quitting you. For good. I want a new tutor." I said before I left.

I could feel his eyes on me as I turned my back towards him. I wanted no parts of him. It wasn't because he slept with my Izzy but then again maybe it was.

***

"You know this is actually fun. I never got to do this really. So you ready for movie night?" Izzy questioned shaking a martini.

Raya had to go on a business trip and my dad was out somewhere with his new fling. So I was stuck with Izzy. Again. "Yeah." I trailed.

"So you and Damari, well Mr. Moore, it's funny because I don't really picture you together."

"Yeah I know. I usually date guys with more money than me." She chuckled.

"Mhm." I chuckled.

"Look at me. Raya was so worried. She thinks I can't take care of a teen for a few days." Izzy laughed. "Apple or chocolate Martini?"

"Mmm. Apple." I pointed. "Good choice, it has fruits." She winked, holding her glass up.

We clanked each other glass and I sipped mine. "So how did you and Mr. Moore-"

The doorbell went off before I could finish. Izzy eyes lit up and she quickly walked to the door. When she came back around the corner my eyes widened. "Wassup?" Damari asked.

"Hey. I'm just going to go to Raya's and leave you two alone." I said grabbing my bag.

"No. I'm here for you." He said.

"Surprise? He told me you were having trouble in school and thought this would be a good way to understand." Izumi explained.