21.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

A U G U S T

"Ok maybe I shouldn't have said that, but please just help me August."

I looked at the money she threw at me and raised my eyebrows. "Beggars can't be choosers."

She slowly picked the money off the floor and put it in her purse. "Bye Tiana."

She half smiled and turned around to leave. I closed the door behind her and stood in the same spot for a moment.

Walkin' back inside my room I sat on the bed and grabbed Raya's hand. "What?" She asked softly.

"Come hea." I said pullin' her.

I jus' wanted to cuddle with her and she tried her best to push me away every time.

She crawled onto my lap and laid back. "I wonder who's the farther." Raya said.

"I'm not."

I knew for sure Tiana was lyin' when she said dat'. I used condoms everytime we had sex.

"Ok."

"It's not our time Ra-"

"August please." She mumbled gettin' up.

"Whea' you goin'?

"I don't know."

"Let's talk about it. Dis' what we're goin' to do now?" I asked standin' up.

I know she was mournin' but we needed to talk. I was so busy takin' care of her and Aiko, it's like she forgot I had feelins too.

She didn't say anythin'. "Why can't you talk to our daughter Raya?"

"August please. Can we do this later."

"No. Can't you see our daughter needs her mother. I kno' we lost a child but dats not ya only child Raya. She's hurt Raya and the only thing keepin' her hea' is some fuckin' pills."

"I'm hurt too! This is not easy for me."

I chuckled and shook my head. "It damn sure was easy the first time." I responded.

"What?" She asked taken back.

"You put our daughter up for adoption. She might as well been dead. So tell me what's different now?"

She stared at me. "Da only difference is you actually wanted this child huh?" I questioned.

I know Raya gave Aiko up because I wasn't around but it was a another sorry excuse of hers. I might've been young and dumb, but not dumb enough to walk away from my child.

There was a long pause. I shook my head and started walking away. "August wait." She grabbed my arm.

"I'll see you later." I said movin' my arm.

I knocked on Aiko's door befo' I went in. She was watchin' tv. "I haven't been out in a while."

"I'm guessing we're about to go out?" She said gettin' up.

"Yes." I smiled.

She slid her shoes on and fixed her hair with her hands. I laughed quietly and she looked at me. "You look beautiful baybeh girl."

"You're supposed to say that." She replied.

"I'm a honest man." I chuckled.

She smiled. "Okay."