32.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

Winter 2017
A I K O

"Aiko! Time to eat." Raya yelled.

Aiko scrolled through all the messages Damari had not responded to. Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, Having Fun in Miami, Are you getting my text, etc. "I'm not hungry."

"Oh, please. Yes you are!" Aiko sent another text and locked her phone.

Raya kept pressuring her the get down stairs so she could eat before school. "Aiko!"

"I'm here." Aiko said, throwing herself into the chair.

"Finally. Hope you didn't feel any pressure." Raya smiled.

"Nope."

"Okay. So after school I want you to go to August house. Do your work and he'll bring you back here." Raya said, placing a hot plate in front of Aiko.

Aiko bit her biscuit. "I don't need a babysitter." She muffled.

"Aiko Trey is out on bail."

"So?"

"So, we pressed charges against him. He's out until the trial. I don't want him coming after you." Raya said, staring at her.

Once Raya walked back to the stove Aiko circled her finger beside her head, indicating Raya was crazy. "From now on I want to know where you are at all times. Got it?"

"Yep. Got it." Aiko said getting up, once she heard August horn.  "So is it okay if I walk to the car by myself?"

"Very funny." Aiko chuckled and grabbed her bag.

Raya sighed. She just wanted to make sure Aiko was safe. She was uncomfortable with the idea of Trey being free right now, so she was going an extra mile to protect Aiko.

Aiko rolled her eyes at the sight of Nina sitting in the passenger seat of August car. Over winter break Aiko discovered things about Nina, she knew for sure would make her dad think twice about their relationship.

"You know I could've walked to school." Aiko said, getting into the car.

The judge suspended Aiko license for the remainder of the school year and sent Brenda off to juvie for four months. Even though he dismissed the offense. She violated her independent living and curfew.

"No. Raya would kill me. Besides I wanna talk to you bout somethin'."

"Ok."

"At some point Nina will be movin' in and I wanted to kno' whatchu thought about it." Aiko face fell as she stared at Nina from behind.

Surely Nina knew Aiko was staring, because she stirred in her seat. Aiko put on a fact smile and looked at her dad. "If you're happy. I'm happy."

August pulled to the curb of the school and Aiko opened her door. "Hey can I talk to Nina real quick." August looked confused. "Girl stuff." Aiko assured him.

He mad a face. "Oh."

Nina got out the car and followed alongside Aiko. "You're not going to say anything? About you and your his dad?