31.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

Brenda & Aiko MM
Winter 2016
A I K O

"Brenda's statement says you two left the dance, stole your mom's car, and went to confront Vira." The police said, reading from a paper.

Everything has finally caught up to us. It was thanksgiving evening and we were sitting at a police station. Diner was a total fail. My dad had invited his girlfriend and her son over. On top of that Raya was there, her family, and August family.

Sean kept threatening me, since Damari came to dinner as well. We had just finished dinner after many arguments went down when the door bell rung. The police stood there asking for Brenda.

"Actually she didn't steal the car. His girlfriend son did." Raya said, referring to August.

August turned his hands up and looked at Raya. "Ok. My bad. Is Brenda ok?" Raya asked.

"Actually I stole it. I crashed it too. He just covered for me." I looked at my dad and he made this face.

"The neighbors heard you and Mr. Neil arguing and said he tried to remove you from his property. She said said it seemed as if you were resisting." The police read.

I scrunched my face. "I wasn't resisting. He grabbed me and pushed me down the stairs. He was hurting me. That's why Brenda stopped him." I explained.

"By hitting him on the head with a shovel?"

"Whoa, what about a shovel?" My dad sat up. "What is goin' on?" He looked at me.

"That's why they came to get Brenda. She hit Vira's husband."

"Aiko!" Raya said shaking her head, telling me not to say anything. "We shouldn't be doing this without a lawyer.

"You kno' what Raya's right." My dad said. "She not in any trouble, huh?"

"No but if the state pressed charges against Brenda, Aiko might have to testify, but she's not in trouble yet." The officer said.

I didn't say anything as we left the police station but of course Raya had to. "I should've known you went to Vira's."

"Yes, she told you a bunch of shit that wasn't true."

"Aiko."  August said.

"Sorry."

"So if you went to ha' place. How you get into it wit' ha husband?"

"There's Brenda." Raya said, pointing to her.

Brenda was putting her jacket on as she walked down the hall. I ran to her and hugged her. "Are you ok?" I whispered.

"Yeah. Ms. Song got them to let me go." She sighed.

"There's no bail for juveniles, but you'll be responsible for Brenda until her hearing." Ms. Song said.

"How will we know if they're going to press charges?" Raya asked.

"Depends on what Trey says." Ms. Song told her. "The police are trying to get a statement from him.