28.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

Winter 2016
A I K O

"You've been staring at that practice test for twenty minutes. The idea of the test is to actually practice." Darmari said leaning down.

His face being a few inches from mine. "This is awkward. You tutoring me." He quickly stood when someone walked past the room.

"We've had more awkward moments than this." He said, going to look out the door.

"This isn't going to work. Yes, you explaining it, but as soon as I look at the test I go blank." I waved the paper.

He took a seat in front of me and hmph'd. "Did it start at E.C west or maybe Riverside?" He chuckled.

"Did you read my file?" I asked trying to grab it, but his hand ended up on top of mine. He swiftly moved it and I placed mine in my lap.

"It helps to look at a student past to figure out the problems. A lot of learning issues are physiology."

"Problem?" I sighed.

"I didn't know you were in foster care. That could explain a lot." He said leaning forward.

I sighed in frustration and looked at him. "Um... actually yeah. There was this one time I was in a car accident and I broke my leg and dislocated my shoulder. And there was this woman, a nurse she was taking care of me. She was nice. She seemed liked she liked me, but then it got creepy. It was like she was crazy or something."

"Seriously?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. She started keeping me home from school and nobody knew where I was. She told me to write stories. She said she was my number one fan." I stared at him.

He chuckled and sat up. "That's the plot of the story we're reading. That's messed up." I started laughing.

"Yes but you bought it." I said standing once the bell rung.

"Damari let it go. There's no deep dark secret that explains why I suck in this subject." I shrugged.

I started picking my books up before my eyes widened. "Oh my God! Brenda!" I exclaimed running out the class.

We ran into each other and I squeezed the life out of her. "When did you get here?"

"I'm back. For good." She smiled.

"So what happened to you being ten hours away?" I asked opening my locker.

"I couldn't take it. I was going to tell you to ask August to let me stay with him but Ms. Song found me a place with a couple. It sucks but hey. And she got me into this school."

"Are you serious?" I smiled.

"Yes. I know. I wanted to tell you but I wanted to make sure everything was okay first."

"B, we have so much to catch up on. But I have dance practice." I said closing my locker.

"This I gotta see." She laughed following me to the gym.